• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who's camping and who's hoteling?

kbasa

We found a hotel for cheap with included high speed internet, geek that I am.

Who's going to camp?

camping/motel or both?

I and 4 or 5 friends are going to camp but we decided to get one motel room so that we'd have a semi private bath & toilet.

And if the weather really sucks we'll cram in and stay dry.

Re: camping/motel or both?

gsjay said:
I and 4 or 5 friends are going to camp but we decided to get one motel room so that we'd have a semi private bath & toilet.

And if the weather really sucks we'll cram in and stay dry.

Gonna have wrestling matches to see who gets the bed?

:stick

:snore

Hotelling

I have a hotel room, but also plan to take a tent in case I can't stumble back to the hotel. Having tent space makes me feel more a part of the rally. Having hotel space keeps the little woman happy.

Re: Hotelling

Mike LaBar said:
I have a hotel room, but also plan to take a tent in case I can't stumble back to the hotel. Having tent space makes me feel more a part of the rally. Having hotel space keeps the little woman happy.

:LOL

One of the questions we asked when we called was whether they had shuttle bus service.

:1drink

wrestling for bed

my friends are women so they'll be no wrestling to see who gets the bed.
It's one big slumber party!

Re: wrestling for bed

gsjay said:
my friends are women so they'll be no wrestling to see who gets the bed.
It's one big slumber party!

And they say BMW people are boring.....

:rolleyes

deilenberger said:
Hotelling it.. and I didn't want web access. Once in a while I like to get away from friggin' computers.. :p

I'm loving that avatar, Don. Absolutely stupendous.

dave

:clap

It will be the Hotel for My wife and I,
but we will be breaking in on the BMWSportTouring.com camping area to hang out :bliss

Attachments

• 1816.jpg
    1816.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2
Andi & I will be camping as usual. We tried the hotel thing in Morganton and didn't enjoy it as much so it's the L.L. Bean motel for us.

John Borella

camping

I am going to be camping...not sure which of the three camping sites though ...maybe I'll ride over there and scope things out since I am only about 4 hours of beautiful mountain roads away.:D

Hoteling it. Residennce Inn. Like the whole hot shower and bar gig at the end of the day of riding!

Hoteling. Somehow I think I wound up w/two different reservations too, so I'll post one here for the gang to use, but I still need to find the details.

looking forward to it. :bliss

I may not make it this year, but if I do I'll be chillin at a motel. :eek2

I plan on making the rally ... and I'll be hoteling it. My idea of "roughing it" is slow room service. :)
Actually, it's a day trip for me but I want to take the time to soak the scene in. It will be my second national. I also attended the 2000 Midland, Michigan National.

Attachments

• Sargent2.jpg
    Sargent2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Sargent3.jpg
    Sargent3.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Sargent.jpg
    Sargent.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 4
Back