• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Too Hot in SE for the National

F

Fiordmann

No National BMW Rally in the SE of course as it is to HOT in the summertime. I guess 96 degrees in Oregon is not hot either. May the forest of shade trees keep your camping area cool. :brow

Forecast for 7/16:

Redmond, OR - 1 p.m. 84 F Humidity 20% THI 81 F

Jacksonville, FL - 1 p.m. 89 F Humidity 59% THI 97 F

I think I'd choose Redmond. ;) :stick

Go'n to be slight difference in humidity @ the Bloomsburg Rally next year..so prepare.

Regards,

Clay
(currently @ the Redmond Rally but originally from Pa.)

Forecast for 7/16:

Redmond, OR - 1 p.m. 84 F Humidity 20% THI 81 F

Jacksonville, FL - 1 p.m. 89 F Humidity 59% THI 97 F

I think I'd choose Redmond. ;) :stick

tell that to the guy they had to take to the hospital for dehydration! :stick

tell that to the guy they had to take to the hospital for dehydration! :stick

Hey Ian!
Ouch.
Hey, 20% humidity will dry you up very quickly regardless of temperature.
I'd still choose Redmond.
Is there a "I'll hit you back" emoticon? :stick Indeed.

Hey Ian!
Ouch.
Hey, 20% humidity will dry you up very quickly regardless of temperature.
I'd still choose Redmond.
Is there a "I'll hit you back" emoticon? :stick Indeed.

oh, don't get me wrong, i'd choose redmond any day, too.

can't find a better rally site/destination than this! :nod

I understand that guy got dehydrated while riding the Redmond 1000.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

I hope he's fine and makes it back to the rally.

he's ok, and back at the rally.

but i believe there was another guy who was an RPU trainer. you really gotta give it up to those folks, they're sitting (standing, actually) out in that hot sun *all* day long. :thumb

ian

Wasn't the rally in the SE just last year? I thought that since I was from the left coast maybe I didn't know what the SE consisted of.....but google clearly says Tennessee is in the SE.

Put me in the too hot to camp group, please. I hauled all my camp gear around for a week and went to a cheapo motel in Bend. :laugh

The weather was great up in the mountains
938233884_WEpZw-M-1.jpg

The rally was very well put together!

Back to heat, I sure liked my cooling vest for my ride home:clap

No National BMW Rally in the SE of course as it is to HOT in the summertime. I guess 96 degrees in Oregon is not hot either. May the forest of shade trees keep your camping area cool. :brow

If you could find a tree.

Oppressive is a better word.
97 in the day... 39 at night.

Tennessee is SE according to Google?

Wasn't the rally in the SE just last year? I thought that since I was from the left coast maybe I didn't know what the SE consisted of.....but google clearly says Tennessee is in the SE.

Beemergirl: Tennessee is the SOUTH the SOUTHEAST IS a different place. The MOA will not hold a National in GA/FL because it is to hot there in the summertime. Funny how many BMW riders favor the GS model which people ride around the world (some people) but they could not possibly ride to Florida in the summer because it would be TO HOT! I know there is a rally site committee, etc but in the end a very few handpicked people make the decision. Why not put it up to a vote of the members?

How about Birmingham, Alabama area? It would be awesome if we could have it at Barber's Motorsports Park. Just sayin'...

How about Birmingham, Alabama area? It would be awesome if we could have it at Barber's Motorsports Park. Just sayin'...

barber would be awesome, but it just does not have what we need for exhibition and seminar facilities unless we erect very expensive tents. and we can't do that in their parking lots since they don't permit spikes through asphalt. they are *very* particular about their facility and rightly so. we also cannot sell beer there. (personally, i would toss all this because the facility is just so excellent otherwise)

i have been looking around birmingham and huntsville, pickings are slim. are you aware of any? we need good riding (to/from and hopefully at), camping, expo space, grandstands, hotel rooms, beer license. extra points for GS riding, shade, paved areas for RPU, etc..

one possibility is Talledegha Motor Speedway.

what is your opinion on that?

ian
rally site search team

Back