• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Your Mileage for 2004 ?

SheRidesABeemer said:
You'd think a divorce would free up some time.

Gail, You are right, time was not the issue however. With all the stuff leading up to and through it, to say I was distracted is a major understatement, a potential recipe for disaster in my book. Some folks I have heard say "I ride to clear my head", I prefer to ride with a clear head. So by choice I limited my riding early on. Most of my miles were accumulated that last quarter of this year when all the dust was beginning to settle.

Gizmo said:
Gail, You are right, time was not the issue however. With all the stuff leading up to and through it, to say I was distracted is a major understatement, a potential recipe for disaster in my book. Some folks I have heard say "I ride to clear my head", I prefer to ride with a clear head. So by choice I limited my riding early on. Most of my miles were accumulated that last quarter of this year when all the dust was beginning to settle.
They say YMMV. I found my divorce liberating, stress relieving rather than they other way around. :clap

RatSnake said:
They say YMMV. I found my divorce liberating, stress relieving rather than they other way around. :clap
Yes Dennis when it was finally over it was as you say "liberating and stress relieving". It was the leading up to and the process that stole my attention.

Gizmo said:
Yes Dennis when it was finally over it was as you say "liberating and stress relieving". It was the leading up to and the process that stole my attention.
Like I said, tho, YMMV. My "leading up to and the process" took 17 years. :)

I did just under 20k. No commuter miles :stick . I had to drive pick-em up truck to work everyday. :cry

I'll admit it, I heart my car too.

* SHAG * said:
I did just under 20k. No commuter miles :stick . I had to drive pick-em up truck to work everyday. :cry

I'm in that boat with you...I have 30K a year on the car...commuting on the bike would be no joy in stop/go traffic.

Around 15,500 for me in my first year of riding. I was hooked the moment they told me to let out the clutch at the beginner MSF course. One of the good things about living in Texas is you pretty much can ride every month of the year. Today was around 70?? :p

One of the highlights of my year was meeting Boxergrrrlie and SheRidesABeemer at Spokane.
Little did I know they'd be kicking my $ORRY @$$ in mileage. ;)
Shoulda thrown beer in their faces!
Congratulations, you two overachievers!
I'll be lucky to break 14k, not exactly a banner year.

Now for the ciphering - bought Punkin' in March, just passing 16k for the year there. The airhead, probably about 3k. The old K-bike was a couple between January and March, and the TransAlp about another thousand. I figure just under 20K for the year. Definitely not enough.

I'm happy to have met iRene and SheRidesABeemer, along with a whole lot of other folks at the National. Here's to all of you, and to meeting lots more of you in the future :beer :drink See ya down the road!

2004 was a lower sMileage year for me - about 33 K. No commuting days after May 27th.

But when you consider some of those sMiles were in 5 difference countries in Africa, I'm feeling like one incredibly lucky lady ; )

Voni
sMiling

iRene said:
One of the highlights of my year was meeting Boxergrrrlie and SheRidesABeemer at Spokane.
Little did I know they'd be kicking my $ORRY @$$ in mileage. ;)
Shoulda thrown beer in their faces!
Congratulations, you two overachievers!
I'll be lucky to break 14k, not exactly a banner year.

It ain't about the miles, 'Rene. It's about the quality. :D

Retirement

I had time to ride and I rode a lot!

74,712 miles on 4 BMW's

As Voni would say I had a lot of sMiles this year!

On December 16th I passed 800,000 BMW motorcycle sMiles

Dave wrote:
>I had time to ride and I rode a lot!

>74,712 miles on 4 BMW's

>As Voni would say I had a lot of sMiles this year!

>On December 16th I passed 800,000 BMW motorcycle sMiles

Wow! Congratulations!

Seems like only yesterday you told me you'd passed 700,000. Oh, yeah. It was! :wow

All the sMiles are good! Here's to many more. . .

Voni
sMiling

Me, too.

Oops, I am. And I rode fewer miles. But better sMiles.

That's the ticket.

Voni
sMiling cause my little bro does ride BETTER sMiles.

BradfordBenn said:
I want to be retired so I can ride more :stick

Don't have to be retired to ride more, it all comes down to priorities. As I mentioned on an earlier post my miles were down this year, but in the past I have put on more miles in a year than some retired friends. As, I recall
reading some of the mileage contest winner profiles, at least some are not retired.

Don't have to be retired to ride more, it all comes down to priorities.

Well, unfortunatly my priorities are paying the mortgage and eating and not freezing in the dark :brow :D Finding time to tour is a bit tough at times. I do ride as much as possible though in our all too short riding season. We're lucky to have six months if you include the early rides before all the snow is gone, and those cold fall rides just before it comes back to stay (which it did early this year). I only managed 13500 Kms (8100 miles) this year, lower than my average. Although, I did only drive my truck 800 Km from the start of May until mid October :clap I hate driving when I could be riding.

And, some of those miles ridden were going to my first national rally in Spokane :thumb

Back