• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Question about '03 F650CS

sudani

After today's ride, while backing the bike into the garage, in neutral, I noticed a clicking sound coming from the rear. Never heard it before. So I moved it forward and heard it again, back, heard it again. It was fine when I went out to ride this am.

Any ideas on what this would be? Belt, maybe? I checked it and seems tight as can be. Anyway, I'm stumped and could use some suggestions as to what might be causing this clicking noise. Thanks!

Clicking Sound

You might want to ask this question on the Chain Gange site. My CS does the same thing and always has. I'm not sure it's a serious issue.

Last time I back it into the garage it didn't make the noise so I'm assuming it was nothing. :dunno

Hey! Am I in the correct thread!! :wave

Some tips:)

Be sure your belt pulleys(2) are tight and seated well, belts are not too old and worn and wheel bearing noise, which is real bad! No noise is always best. Randy:thumb

Back