• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Official "I'm Going To Be There" Thread.

Decided to volunteer with the MSF crowd and drew the lucky straw and get to be the event manager for the David Hough seminars on Friday and Saturday mornings.

I will be there for the Friday night fun; however, I must not imbibe too much Friday night, the seminar starts early:D
928164947_UthVB-O.jpg

I'm all in.....heading out tomorrow afternoon. Heading to Wy and camping in the Grand Encampment area and then doing the slab to Portland and taking advantage of excellent military campgrounds along the way :usa

My Flight Plan

Did my 1000 last coming home from Johnson City :clap

Hey I'll be there...........leaving Monday about 10:00 AM. Expect to be there about 10:30 AM.................. Monday. Hope all those Beemers don't cause a traffic jam on 97................

Jay and I will be there.
1st rally ever...so excited I can hardly stand it! Leaving Sunday, heading east to Grand Coulee then south. Arriving early (Tuesday or Wednesday) to volunteer where needed.

Out

:cry I got as far as 35 miles east of Rock City, WY on I-80 yesterday and had the weirdest, scariest event of my life. Suddenly the road started swirling around and I'm not sure how I managed to get onto the shoulder and stopped safely. I think I was all over the road trying to find where the shoulder was. I crawled off the bike and waited until a state trooper found me and called an ambulance. Multiple tests in ER and the conclusion is sudden onset vertigo. Scary as hell when you are doing 75+ let me tell you.

Got out of ER and found a hotel room and checked my email. Got one from my sister to say that my mother is dying--expected to last 1 - 2 days at the most. So I took my meds this morning and rode back to Denver. Flying to Ottawa tomorrow. Hope I make it in time.

Hoist one for me.

Holly

:cry I got as far as 35 miles east of Rock City, WY on I-80 yesterday and had the weirdest, scariest event of my life. Suddenly the road started swirling around and I'm not sure how I managed to get onto the shoulder and stopped safely. I think I was all over the road trying to find where the shoulder was. I crawled off the bike and waited until a state trooper found me and called an ambulance. Multiple tests in ER and the conclusion is sudden onset vertigo. Scary as hell when you are doing 75+ let me tell you.

Got out of ER and found a hotel room and checked my email. Got one from my sister to say that my mother is dying--expected to last 1 - 2 days at the most. So I took my meds this morning and rode back to Denver. Flying to Ottawa tomorrow. Hope I make it in time.

Hoist one for me.

Holly

Very sorry to hear about yourself and your mother. Glad that you are okay. Take care.

Hoist one for me.

Holly

Holly:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and of course about your mom. I hope things turn out for the best in both instances. I was looking forward to meeting my fellow Canadian from Ancaster. My wife and I are here at the event site and have already done an amazing ride. We will be thinking about you and your family.
cbcK1200S - Colin

Don't know if anybody has mentioned this but if you are planning to cross Eastern Oregon from Ontario to Bend on US26, plan on fueling up in Burns/Hines as there are no services from Burns to Bend. Look for the Sinclair station on your left as you head west on US26 in Burns as they sell non-ethanol premium. In fact, Oregon law permits the sale on non-ethanol premium for use in any motor vehicle. You must search out stations that sell the stuff as most do not.

I will make it, taking my son and no bike... Thought about taking the bike and no son but he changed my mind. See ya all on Wednesday.:buds

Back