• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post processing and ordering prints

Kentuckyblue

Bluegrass Rider
I wondered if some of you accomplished photographers would share your post processing secrets. I shoot in RAW and have been using the digital post processing software that came with my Canon 50D. Would it be beneficial to purchase a third party package like Photoshop or Lightroom? Also, do you have any recommendations for ordering prints. I don't get very good quality at my local drug store. Thank you.

Ray

I'm a Mac user, shoot raw with a 7D, and use Apple's Aperture. My wife, also a Mac user, prefers and uses Lightroom. Both handle raw images just fine. I find that most images can be processed in Aperture or Lightroom without the need to go to something like photoshop.

As for prints... my wife uses an Epson R1800 for her 12"x12" digital scrapbook pages and gets good results. If you don't want to go through the hassle and expense of printing your own there are three places I know about that have given good results:

Costco
Shutterfly
SmugMug

A friend who photographs weddings and masonic installations is quite happy with Costco. I believe that's all he uses these days. I've used Shutterfly, mostly for snapshots, and have been happy with the quality, cost, and speed. I've heard nothing but good things about SmugMug prints from SmugMug users.

Back