Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Grateful Thread

BobFV1
    Quote Originally Posted by snoone
    The archive boards are more like the shows (actual house mixes), loose, uncut, raw, cutting edge, flawed which is what makes them special. Dick (who is no longer among us,http://www.dead.net/hotline_info/NEW...S/dp/dick.html) used to take the best of the best and rehash the mixes to something that they never were. The scope of his work is remarkable to say the least.
    It's the age. I used to like camping, now I like to stay in cheap motels (have to stay in expensive hotels when I travel for work). I used to like crude bootleg vinyl disks, now I like Dick's Picks.

Come to think of it - I used to ride an old Suzuki "Enduro". now I ride a BMW...

EMOTO,

I was there at Colt Park in '76. I remember them confiscating everyone's beer at the gate and just tossing it into dumpsters. Of course that didn't stop everyone from getting a buzz on....

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by BMWPhreak
    EMOTO,

I was there at Colt Park in '76. I remember them confiscating everyone's beer at the gate and just tossing it into dumpsters. Of course that didn't stop everyone from getting a buzz on....

Peace
    Hey, cool!!! Do you remember the two guys walking around in those old-timey clown suits? Remember the fire at the fence in back?
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1

Emoto,

I remember some sort of commotion at the back fence, but I was up near the stage so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. I do remember the idiot on the side of me that puked on the bikers and subsequently had the **** kicked out of him...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWPhreak
    Emoto,

I remember some sort of commotion at the back fence, but I was up near the stage so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. I do remember the idiot on the side of me that puked on the bikers and subsequently had the **** kicked out of him...
    The vibe was ugly around the edges at that show. The back fence was a tall board fence and people stopped on the highway behind it and decided to burn it down to get in. There must have been at least 20 police cars and fire engines and whatnot trying to quell that scene back there. It was way back, though, so pretty far away from the crowd. I was in the middle kind of in between some speaker towers, IIRC.

SNOONE
    Just wanted to make note of Jerry's birthday yesterday which brings back the fond memory of seeing the Dead at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City NJ in 1972 and 1973.

Also it's not too early to plan, Vt for next years national, impromptu meeting of the Grateful Thread, . What do you think

Also it's not too early to plan, Vt for next years national, impromptu meeting of the Grateful Thread, . What do you think
    How can you plan it if it's "impromptu?"

But, hey, I'm there.
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT

SNOONE
    Well impromptu or not, A little dead corner in the Beer tent would be cool

BobFV1
    Happy Birthday Jerry!

I named my new R1 after Jerry's guitar - have to get a vanity plate for it now!

Man, Vermont is a long way from here, but I will definately earmark my calendar.

There's a new set of Fillmore West recordings out.

Take care and rock on.

Grateful Vermont Thread

I don't know about only 3 of us here. I have been reading all of this all along. Stay tuned for the announcements of the rally entertainment in 2006. The "Grateful Threaders" will nto be disappointed. I'll be at the Grateful meeting in Vermont!

Josh Ascher
    2006 Rally Co-Chair

I'll be there!!!

Bob

SNOONE
    wow, now we have something to speculate about. Who will be the entertainment.

Warren Haynes
    Ratdog
    Phil and Friends
    Hot Tuna
    Bela Fleck
    Bruce Hornsby

Warren was here last weekend with the Allman Brothers and MOE.
    Rat Dog will be here Labor Day Weekend with Bruce.
    I just got tickets for Hot Tuna, here on 12/4.

Josh Ascher, near Albany, NY

BobFV1

Warren Haynes
    Ratdog
    Phil and Friends
    Hot Tuna
    Bela Fleck
    Bruce Hornsby
    Don't forget the Dark Star Orchestra, Dave Torbert, Donna Godchaux...the ghost of Pig Pen...

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

06 entertainment

Warren Haynes
    Ratdog
    Phil and Friends
    Hot Tuna
    Bela Fleck
    Bruce Hornsby

I can promise you there will be no bad garage bands playing "Proud Mary" off key. And it won't be Elton either!

Michael Friedle
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    BMW MOA Board of Directors
    BMW MOA International Rally Co-Chair 99, 03, 06
    Ride fast safely