• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grateful Thread

Bobby with glasses? I guess I haven't been following things lately! :wave

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gJDNenxzQBU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bobby's voice sounds stronger than it has been in a long time, even wearing glasses the entire show. :wow

Mickey and Jeff have used their specs for years. Oteil was sporting bare feet too! :thumb

Anybody go to MSG last night or tomorrow? :dance Or other shows on the tour?

Re: Dave's Picks, I am entering my third year of subscription. Have not been disappointed yet. So much great material to choose from. :bliss

Bob -

I really enjoy the selections on Dave's Picks...been doing it since the inception. I also did Dick's Picks, the Vault series, etc. I'm working on the 30 Trips Around the Sun and find that I really like the era of Donna and Keith Godchaux the best...that's when I started listening. Of course, the early stuff is wunderbar! IMO, now that I'm getting into the Brent Mydland years, I'm not liking his "plinky" organ sounds...I prefer just a good piano or more classic organ tracks. YMMV...

Hi Kurt,

MMDV (My Mileage Does Vary) somewhat. My first show was Brent's fourth, Hampton VA in May '79. But I am growing to appreciate Keith and Donna's contributions more and more. Aside from Keith's uninspired playing in his later months, and Donna's occasional but all too often off key screeching, they really added a whole new dimension post PigPen. I'm really enjoying some very good '77 stuff, especially my first listen to Cornell.

I found the Brent years to be very creative and mostly tight, and he brought some great vocal skills and new energy, and I believe he inspired Jerry a lot. I just (finally) picked up the Road Trips Volume 1 Number 1 form Fall '79, (which DID include the Bonus Disc) and brought back some great memories.

Dead and Co is becoming much more creative and willing to expand their interpretations, now that JM knows the music and goes way out there sometimes. I am loving it! :thumb

Bob -

After the GD went "silent" in 1995, I never really picked up the assemblages post Jerry. I will always gravitate to the original core group and there's so much to listen to. I did buy the July 4th weekend package from a few years ago but haven't been able to get around to listening to it. I look forward each year to 30 Days of the Dead to download a snippet of some show in the past...I'm never very good at trying to identify the venue and date, though.

I've mentioned it before but I really liked the boxed set of the 1972 European tour. The recordings were very well done...maybe it had to do with the acoustics of the vintage places they visited. Plus it had Pigpen!! :thumb

It's all a personal choice of course.

I bought the pay per view from July 3 and 5 Fare Thee Well shows and definitely enjoyed them. But JM brings more spirit than Trey did.

I also love the early years, 30 Days and all the offerings from Dead.net. It's all good!

Dead and Company Summer Tour 2018 Dates

5/30/18 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center++
6/1/18 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion++
6/2/18 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion++
6/4/18 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
6/6/18 – Noblesville, IN @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center++
6/8/18 – Atlanta, GA @ Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood++
6/9/18 – Raleigh, NC @ Coast Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek
6/11/18 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
6/13/18 – Hartford, CT @ XFINITY Theatre
6/15/18 – New York, NY @ Citi Field**
6/16/18 – New York, NY @ Citi Field**
6/19/18 – Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
6/20/18 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
6/22/18 – East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
6/23/18 – East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
6/29/18 – Quincy, WA @ Gorge Amphitheatre
6/30/18 – Eugene, OR @ Autzen Stadium
7/2/18 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre++
7/3/18 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre++
7/6/18 – Chula Vista, CA @ Mattress Firm Amphitheatre++
7/7/18 – Los Angeles, CA @ Dodger Stadium
7/11/18 – Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Amphitheater++
7/13/18 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field**^
7/14/18 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field**^

All dates, otherwise noted, on sale Friday, January 26 at 10AM local time
**Tickets are not available through Ticketmaster for these concerts
++Tickets go on sale Saturday, January 27 at 10AM local time
^Verified Fan Presale not available for Boulder, CO performances

https://deadandcompany.com/

Lucky you Mitch! I heard tickets sold out in a matter of minutes for all the shows.

I did get my tickets for Dead and Co. in Camden, 1 and 2 June. :dance

Hey Bob, I was lucky enough to win the ticket lottery and I’m looking forward to what those two come up with. It looks like there are dead and Co shows up till a couple days before the duo tour starts. Makes me wonder how much rehearsal time there can possibly be before the 1st show. I sincerely hope some thought has been put into this and it’s not just taking their guaranteed audience for granted

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see a gig listed mid July in Iowa? How did we let that happen??

Friedle

Dead and Company Summer Tour 2019

Dead and Company Summer Tour 2019

May. 31 Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View, CA United States

Jun. 1 Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View, CA United States

Jun. 3 Hollywood Bowl Hollywood, CA United States

Jun. 4 Hollywood Bowl Hollywood, CA United States

Jun. 7 The Gorge Amphitheatre George, WA United States

Jun. 8 The Gorge Amphitheatre George, WA United States

Jun. 12 Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center Noblesville, IN United States

Jun. 14 Wrigley Field Chicago, IL United States

Jun. 15 Wrigley Field Chicago, IL United States

Jun. 18 Saratoga Performing Arts Center Saratoga Springs, NY United States

Jun. 20 BB&T Pavilion Camden, NJ United States

Jun. 22 Gillette Stadium Foxborough, MA United States

Jun. 23 Citi Field New York, NY United States

Jun. 26 Jiffy Lube Live Bristow, VA United States

Jun. 28 PNC Music Pavilion Charlotte, NC United States

Jun. 29 Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood Atlanta, GA United States

Jul. 2 Dos Equis Pavilion Dallas, TX United States

Jul. 5 Folsom Field Boulder, CO United States

Jul. 6 Folsom Field Boulder, CO United States

https://deadandcompany.com/

I was able to score seats for the Camden show. :thumb

Summer travels may (hopefully) allow for more. :dance

But first, Playin' in the Sand!

Playin' in the Sand

Jan. 17 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

Jan. 18 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

Jan. 19 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

Jan. 20 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

I understand that there will be another performer on Friday 18 January.

My wife and I are going, Wednesday thru Monday, 16 - 21 January. :dance

Anybody else going?

Playin' in the Sand

Jan. 17 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

Jan. 18 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

Jan. 19 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

Jan. 20 Barcelo Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico

I understand that there will be another performer on Friday 18 January.

My wife and I are going, Wednesday thru Monday, 16 - 21 January. :dance

Anybody else going?

Bob, that's really cool that you guys are going!

Not in the cards for me, but I hope you have fun!

I'm sure we will Bob.

She actually suggested the trip as another combo present to each other, adding a pre-retirement element as well.

All inclusive, on the beach, with 3 shows! We are staying on site, who could ask for more?

If this is any indication, retirement will be great and can't come soon enough!

I'm sure we will Bob.

She actually suggested the trip as another combo present to each other, adding a pre-retirement element as well.

All inclusive, on the beach, with 3 shows! We are staying on site, who could ask for more?

If this is any indication, retirement will be great and can't come soon enough!

We need a "like" button. :thumb

Playin' in the Sand

PITS was excellent! We did not know anyone going in, but made lots of new friends and had a great time.

If I had gone last year, I definitely would have gone back this year.

Hope they do it again next year. If so, I look forward to going again.

Rumors abound about possible location change, will stay tuned.

PITS was excellent! We did not know anyone going in, but made lots of new friends and had a great time.

If I had gone last year, I definitely would have gone back this year.

Hope they do it again next year. If so, I look forward to going again.

Rumors abound about possible location change, will stay tuned.

Glad it was fun! I am seeing sources for audience recordings popping up. Sheet me an email or pm if you want me to grab them for you.

Bob

Glad it was fun! I am seeing sources for audience recordings popping up. Sheet me an email or pm if you want me to grab them for you.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Soundboard recordings are available from Nugs with special code also. Will have to see how that works with my not so smart phone.
At least my wife has a iphone now. I am still resisting!

Back