• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Grateful Thread

snoone said:
You definately have a better memory than I.. At the show the things you remember more is the scene that was going on at the time or the memory of the girls or friends you might have been with.. The music was important but at an outdoor venue such as englishtown but there was a lot of other distractions and activities.

Well, I don't know how good my memory really is :dunno but we goofed around during the first two bands, but when Jerry and the boys took that stage, it was all about the music and I was oblivious to all else.

Do you recall how long it took to get out of the parking lot? I think it took hours, but I am not sure. All I know is I went to sleep in the car for a little while until we could actually get out.

lots of new forum members

Time to resurrect the Grateful Thread to let everyone out there know we are here.. New music @http://gdstore.com/. Its remarkable after all these years that the music coming out of the vaults for sale is every bit as good as music released when the band was viable. Will it ever end?

Long Live the Thread! Flew from Phoenix to Columbus today and was rocking out to the JGB - Senor, Evangeline - great stuff! Heard there's a new Fillmore set coming out - where does this stuff come from????

There's nothing for your head like the old Grateful Dead!

I downloaded a show from Archive.org. from April 6, 1975 by Legion of Mary.. This lineup only lasted about 6 months within that year. The band consisted of Jerry Garcia, Martin Fierro, John Kahn, Merl Saunders and Ron Tutt.

Check out this site http://members.aol.com/lomhome/

snoone said:
I downloaded a show from Archive.org. from April 6, 1975 by Legion of Mary.. This lineup only lasted about 6 months within that year. The band consisted of Jerry Garcia, Martin Fierro, John Kahn, Merl Saunders and Ron Tutt.

Check out this site http://members.aol.com/lomhome/

From archive.org? I'd be all over that, but I don't see any Legion of Mary links on the "browse by baneds" page...

Snoone wrote
So Many Roads 7/9/95.

It was amazing there in Soldier field. I need to find a copy of that song/show.

My current favorite album is Hundred Year Hall from Germany in '72. I also like a cd I have called Celestial Synapse(Warfield Theatre, S. F. Oct. 10th/11th, 1980).

snoone said:
Sorry I posted the wrong info for the Legion of Mary show. Try
http://www.furthurnet.org/index.php. I just went there and saw the show.. If you can't access it I'd be happy to share

Ok, I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but which page has the show downloads/bit torrents? I can't find any shows there to download. Where are they hiding them?

Thanks!

Emoto said:
Ok, I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but which page has the show downloads/bit torrents? I can't find any shows there to download. Where are they hiding them?

Thanks!

First thing you have to do is download the further software http://www.furthurnet.org/downloadarea/

You can download for either windows or mac.. once you open the software you'll see the search directory

no, these are straight downloads. As with all of these things alot of the music is hit and miss as far as the quality goes. I end up trashing at least half of what I get from these sites.. But sometimes :clap there is a real gem to be found

snoone said:
no, these are straight downloads. As with all of these things alot of the music is hit and miss as far as the quality goes. I end up trashing at least half of what I get from these sites.. But sometimes :clap there is a real gem to be found

For some reason, my download speed is extremely slow. Like less than 50 kb/second. This will take all day.

from Archive.org I can download very quickly...

true, I've found some are slow and some are faster.. These shows I think are hosted on individual computers that may or may not have fast connections and I don't thing the files are shared between seeders, But I've gotten some good shows if you have the patience.

If you don't have the patience private message me and I'll burn and send you the show

I downloaded one of the archive files from a show I went to at Winterland right after they returned from Egypt. I remember it like it was yesterday - they had a bunch of arabs playing drums and stuff before the Grateful Dead took the stage, and all during the performance they had slides showing them playing the pyramids right above the stage.

Anyway, I was listening ot the show on my iPod while at the gym and all of a sudden it sounded like the sound board guy just lost Garcia's voice mike in the middle of Sugaree - you could still hear the vocal but it was like you were standin gin the back of the hall listening to the sound bouncing off all the walls and stuff, with a tinny echo. It was cool - sort of "rustic", just like those shows at Winterland were sort of "rustic"!!!

The perfect shows are put out as dick's picks and From the Vault series. The rest of the shows well, some are perfect and others have personality.. What you are probably listening to is a soundboard recording with audience patches. Sometimes the board source tapes have defects and are patched with alternate tape sources. And all of a sudden the sound will go from that far away sound back to the pristine sound you started with. Its all good

Back