• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grateful Thread

mines in the mail today, wow was that fun, digging out the 3 x 5 cards, doing it the old school way like we use to!

Nice to see this thread still alive.

No way am I going to spend what it would take to go to Chicago. Maybe if Jerry were going to be there. :gerg

I looked at the ordering instructions posted on dead.net and boy, are they complicated. And expensive with no guarantee of tickets either. I guess it's a good thing I won't be able to go, or else I'd be tempted to show up. I'm sure it will be an experience! :dance

I did order up Dave's Picks Vol 13 (Winterland '74) and Warlocks (Hampton '89) box, and received them within 3 days. Now I need to load up my new iPod! :laugh

For those going to Chicago, I hope to see a full report! :lurk

The best e-mail I've got in a very long time!!!

Congratulations! Your order will be filled for the Grateful Dead 50th Reunion performances at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL on July 3, 4, 5, 2015. If you only sent in one envelope then your whole order will be filled. If you sent in more then one envelope, we can only guarantee that at least one of your orders has been filled. We cannot give you the date of which order was chosen at this time. Your commemorative tickets will arrive in June. Please hold all emails. Check gdtstoo.com for the latest updates. We hope to see you at the shows!

The Crew of GDTS TOO
February 2015

“The sky was yellow and the sun was blue”
Robert Hunter

The Other One (Notification, that is)

The best e-mail I've got in a very long time!!!

Congrats!

I returned from a two week moto ride and found this letter in my pile of mail:

this one.jpg

:cry

The good news is that of the four of us submitting mail requests together, at least one received a Golden Email (one has still not heard) so I'll be in Chicago as well!

I heard the TicketMaster process yesterday was ugly. I'm so glad (and lucky) that I didn't have to do that!

Let their be songs to fill the air...

Good to see so many deadheads on here.

Add me to the list! Saw several shows but my last was with Jerry in '95 in St Louis. I'm with the crowd that just stopped after he passed. Love the Sirius XM Grateful Dead channel though.

Was curious if anyone has read Bill Kreutzmann's book.

Good to see so many deadheads on here.

Add me to the list! Saw several shows but my last was with Jerry in '95 in St Louis. I'm with the crowd that just stopped after he passed. Love the Sirius XM Grateful Dead channel though.

Was curious if anyone has read Bill Kreutzmann's book.

I started reading Bill's book a couple weeks ago. It's amazing he's got any brain cells left to recall some of the older stories! Authorship goes to "Bill Kreutzmann with Benjy Eisen" but it doesn't seem like Benjy edited the book much. The book is definitely in Bill's voice. Imagine sitting with Bill at a bar and, over many beers, having him tell you stories about the Dead over the past 50 years. That's what the book is like. Lots of great stories, kind of jumping back and forth with transitions like "Well, anyway moving on..." or "I'm not sure of the dates but...". Fun book to read in bits and pieces.

I'm going to all five of the Fare Thee Well shows. Anyone going to Santa Clara and/or Chicago?

I'm going to all five of the Fare Thee Well shows. Anyone going to Santa Clara and/or Chicago?

Good for you Marty! :thumb

Timing and cost and the random GDTS Ticket Lottery procedures made it not possible for me.

It will be a rockin' time for sure. :dance

I'm sure there will be bootleg recordings popping up right after the shows. I will be interested in hearing what the attendees (like Marty) think was the hot show(s). I will get copies of whatever I can and share them with you guys somehow, if you like. (assuming they were taped legally, yadda, yadda)

Any reports from in person attendance yet?

I bought the pay per view for the 3 July show and thought it was pretty good. Phil was having a great time and Bobby sounded the best I've heard him in several years. Bill and Mickey were hot, and Bruce and Jeff held things together nicely. This was the first time I had seen Trey play, and he is a very talented musician. Seemed like he found his comfort zone in the second set, and had some very tasty solo efforts throughout the show.

Well done boys! :thumb

Check out dead.net for several different advance purchase options of the shows. I will try to watch the 5 July show and decide whether or not to by the CD/DVD recording, which will be released in November.

Remembering Jerry

I didn't get the pay-for-view of the shows. Better-Half had other plans, so I just remembered my Dead adventures. Wore my Jerry '95 t-shirt to the 4th of July celebration at the county courthouse. Lots of folks responded to my shirt, and I realized how many people will miss the Dead. A buddy of mine has a mobile recording outfit in Chicago, and is recording 3 nights of Dead associates with a Dead related band called Terrapin Flyer. Each night they have a guest artist who played with the Dead or solo projects. Friday had Melvin Seals who played organ on the Jerry Garcia Band. Saturday was Rob Barraco who played keys in the non-Jerry version of the Dead. Sunday it's Mark Karan who was in Ratdog with Wier.
It's gonna be three long nights! I wish I could help him out this weekend. Rock on folks!

It's live on Sirius XM if you have that.

Always liked Trey and saw Phish live way back in 1993. Very talented musicians but a bit too silly for me. I do think he is adding to the mix very well in these shows. I was a skeptic but after listening I think I should have gone. Never felt the vibe from Ratdog or any of the spinoffs... somehow this feels different.

Saw Trey with Phish at Red Rocks a few years ago. A great concert in a beautiful venue. Haven't seen the Dead since the 70's. What memories!

Back