• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F800GS-how the temp effects mine

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Up here in the northeast we have had some real warm-93+, high humidity days and then 76 degrees and 32% humidity days. As the changes of the day were abrupt I noticed my F800GS-2009 was much happier at 76 degrees-me too. I was curious about what other riders were experiencing. :wave

Mine is a 2008 ST. Here in North Florida (Amelia Island), we have had a number of 90+ days with the coastal high humidity. The bike takes it better than I do. I have not noticed any difference in its running, even on a jaunt last week at 95 degrees down I-95 200+ miles at indicated 80+ mph.

Damn hot on my legs in slow traffic, though.

I'm with Beached. I took delivery of my ST last week on what was the hottest day of the year thus far (98F). The bike ran like a dream, but between the heat of the tarmac and radiation from the engine, I needed a ton of water by the time I got home from the 2 hour trip. Radiator saves the day...

800GS seems to run the same at any/all temps- just perfect. however, i start noticing that its a water cooled motor (heat production) at about 82 degs F. Riding pants are the only way to go.

Back