Thread: russell all day seat

russell all day seat

Hello,
    Thinking of buying an old Russell all day seat for my /6 for added comfort for passenger and myself on longer rides. The bench seat is kind of hard after 300 miles. Not sure how it will work for me as the bike has low bars, parabellum scout fairing. The Russell seat looks like it would be better in an upright seating position than forward with the low bars. Any thoughts or experience?
    Thanks,
    Theo Marks
    '74 R75/6

I had one for years. It was made for me, thus it fit perfectly. Make sure that yours fits you and you should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Markst1 View Post
    Hello,
    Thinking of buying an old Russell all day seat for my /6 for added comfort for passenger and myself on longer rides. The bench seat is kind of hard after 300 miles. Not sure how it will work for me as the bike has low bars, parabellum scout fairing. The Russell seat looks like it would be better in an upright seating position than forward with the low bars. Any thoughts or experience?
    Thanks,
    Theo Marks
    '74 R75/6
    Though I think they're made for more of a upright riding position, it should still be much better than stock. I really like mine.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    I'd never go back to anything else. 800 miles in a day is no problem.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 And DRAT! Missed the last one in 2015!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    It was by far the best seat I have sat on. However, as has been said, it was made for me. I had to send photos of me sitting on my bike, my weight and inseam.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Yarddog
    Ask all you want to here, and get confusing and conflicting answers...get the seat and throw it on and answer yer question!!! It's how I do it, and there's just no shortcut...yeah, you end up buying a lotta seats thataway, but its the ONLY way to get a true answer!