• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Colorado Springs to Redmond

warthog

I'm planning on departing on Sat 10 July for Redmond. Still looking at a route but thinking about heading north through WY to Jackson Hole and then over to Redmond. Need to be in Redmond by Weds morning for the Spruce Goose event.

Plan on camping along the way. Anyone else head in that direction around that time?

I'm meeting another rider in Lampasas, TX on July 7th. We plan on riding to Las Vegas, NM and then North thru Colorado to Wyoming. Our plan is to avoid using Interstate highways (enjoy the scenery) and spend 1 or 2 days in Yellowstone Park before heading West to the Rally. PM me to get my phone #.
Ride Safe :usa :usa

I'm planning on heading out Friday Afternoon and spending the night at the Lazy Acres Campground in Riverside, WY then heading to Jackson, WY.

Found two private campgrounds in the area but they want $35 a nite. Looking at shooting for the public campgrounds in GTNP. I think these allow two motorcycle per site.

Gros Ventre is closest to Jackson:
11.5 miles south and east of Moose, with 350 sites, 5 groups sites, and a trailer dump station. Generally fills in the evening, if at all. The campground lies along the Gros Ventre River with a mix of sites in sagebrush, beneath cottonwoods and adjacent to but a short distance from the river.

The other site that might be available it Lizard Creek:
At the north end of Grand Teton National Park, about 32 miles north of Moose, has 60 sites and rarely fills. A less heavily developed campground with sites in the spruce and fir forest. One side of the campgound is adjacent to and slightly above Jackson Lake. Vehicle size limited to 30 feet.

I have not looked at Yellowstone because I figured it would probably be packed this time of year. Here is what the park website says:
Availability is first-come, first-serve at the following campgrounds: Mammoth, Norris, Indian Creek,
Lewis Lake, Pebble Creek, Slough Creek, and Tower Fall. During peak camping season (late June to mid-
August) campgrounds may fill; arrive early to obtain a site. Overnight camping of any type (tent, vehicle, or RV) outside designated campgrounds is not permitted.

Last edited:
Back