Thread: New Member from Ontario

Smile New Member from Ontario

Hello to all.............my bride and I just recently purchased our first BMW,a new to us year 2000 R1100RT. We've already put over 3000 miles on her since April and have loved every moment. I have met some great folks in the Niagara Chapter of BMWMOA and my bride and I are planning to attend our first Ralley at Finger Lakes NY near Watkins Glenn in September. Hope to meet up with some of you there...........until then

Hello and welcome to the community...not big in Niagara, but huge compared to Eastern Ontario, me. One. Singular. As in 'I'm it' ...

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time at the Finger Lakes Rally, there is no where prettier when the weather is fine!

Jim in Alexandria...

On the Road

Trenton Aug 13 - 15

Why not check out a rally closer to home? You can do this in a day ride. The Return to Trenton Rally put on the by Loonie-Tics, at the same location as the 2002 MOA National. Small compared to Finger Lakes but really a fun time.

And, hey, there's lots of us MOA members in Eastern Ontario, and an MOA/RA chartered club in Ottawa.

Now, after Finger Lakes, the next weekend, is the Green Mountain Rally in Vermont. There's no stopping this....

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarRat View Post
    Why not check out a rally closer to home? You can do this in a day ride. The Return to Trenton Rally put on the by Loonie-Tics, at the same location as the 2002 MOA National. Small compared to Finger Lakes but really a fun time.

And, hey, there's lots of us MOA members in Eastern Ontario, and an MOA/RA chartered club in Ottawa.

Now, after Finger Lakes, the next weekend, is the Green Mountain Rally in Vermont. There's no stopping this....
    Added link to rally.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Welcome. Definitely go to Trenton and Finger Lakes. Both are great and very close.

Holly

In reference to the Trenton ralley..............I know about it......but alas.....not all of my weekends are free, and so I had to pass on this one.....the ralley in the finger lakes is possible only because I happen to be on holidays that week.
    Perhaps Trenton will be in the works for next year.

Oh and "flybike".....I really like the aluminum gps mount I purchased from you earlier this year.......nice work
    Last edited by snookers; 07-28-2010 at 04:32 AM. Reason: add

Ahhhh...thought I recognized the 'handle'. Glad it is working for you, what did you mount on it? New Garmin?

Jim

what did you mount on it? New Garmin?
    I mounted a garmin 2720 on it.......I'm quite pleased with the setup so far, and I have free lifetime updates for the gps, so I imagine I'll have it for a while