Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inmate transfer from Adventure Rider ( Alberta Canada)

Inmate transfer from Adventure Rider ( Alberta Canada)

Located North West of Red Deer near the Rocks. Since I'm going to Redmond for the rally figured I should join.

Welcome! Glad to see you here!

And in REDMOND!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Welcome, and have a blast at Redmond.
    If you see Knary, give him a noogie from me.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Do you fly that Electra (or is that a G1)?
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Thanks for the welcome guys...

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Do you fly that Electra (or is that a G1)?
    It's a Convair 580, Flew so many types in the last 40 years can't remember them all...
    For anyone going to Redmond, my Alberta plate is "ADVGS" say hi if you see it...

Some of the Rocky Bow Riders might be going down, but I haven't been in touch for a while. There's usually a contingent that goes, and some years they put up a banner at the site.

You might want to send a PM to Ed Miller on the board here. His user name is MCMXCIVRS.

Have a good ride!
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    What is this "Adventure Rider" of which you speak?

Welcome, of course!
    MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

[QUOTE=iRene;594643]What is this "Adventure Rider" of which you speak?

Advrider.com... but beware...hardcore dual sport site...all motorcycle makes...

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Some of the Rocky Bow Riders might be going down, but I haven't been in touch for a while. There's usually a contingent that goes, and some years they put up a banner at the site.

You might want to send a PM to Ed Miller on the board here. His user name is MCMXCIVRS.

Have a good ride!
    Thanks for the info, I'll look for the banner and Alberta plates.
    Since my departure date is on Sunday 11th, I doubt I would have much company.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer pilot View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll look for the banner and Alberta plates.
    Since my departure date is on Sunday 11th, I doubt I would have much company.
    I too am heading out on Sunday from Calgary. I'm doing a long run to get down to near Walla Walla the first day, then I'll be doing a slow backroad trip the rest of the way on the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route.

If your interested in that let me know, I be happy to have company. I had a fellow that was going to join me, but he can't go due to work commitments now. It will be rough roads and trails in places as I understand and a couple of river crossings; I plan to be backcountry camping along the route so it will be rustic. Plan is to be in Redmond sometime Thursday the 15th.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post
    I too am heading out on Sunday from Calgary. I'm doing a long run to get down to near Walla Walla the first day, then I'll be doing a slow backroad trip the rest of the way on the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route.

If your interested in that let me know, I be happy to have company. I had a fellow that was going to join me, but he can't go due to work commitments now. It will be rough roads and trails in places as I understand and a couple of river crossings; I plan to be backcountry camping along the route so it will be rustic. Plan is to be in Redmond sometime Thursday the 15th.
    Hi Ed,
    I am familiar with the OBDR; there was an article in Road Runner magazine Feb 2010 edition, look like fun however I am planning to go from Calgary to Osoyoos, south to Walla Walla then west on 84 to 97 south to Redmond.
    After the rally its west to the coast to Florence, south to the California border back up the coast on 101 to Port Angeles across the ferry to Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver and back to Calgary. All this to say that the bike will be heavily loaded for this trip and I prefer to stick to secondary roads.
    If you are interested we could ride to Walla Walla and part ways there. If so let me know and we could meet in Red Deer or north of Calgary sometime this weekend and work out the details.

Guy

I'm off to Kelowna this weekend for a wedding, so wouldn't be able to meet up.

My plan for getting to Walla Walla was to head pretty much directly there on the Sunday. I want to get straight onto the OBDR on Monday to give myself as much time as possible for the route. I have read lots of travel reports online and in print on the trail and am anticipating some challenges, so I want to give myself as much time as practical to not have to rush and push it too hard. I'll be fairly loaded up too, but the F800GS handles very well in spite of that, so I'm not too concerned. If the going is easier, then I'll have more time to enjoy the sights and do some exploring. I had considered doing some fishing along the way, but the permits are outrageously priced for Oregon.

It might be possible to at least do the start of our respective trips together Sunday morning, I'm hoping to get off from Calgary fairly early as I plan to do about 950Kms that day. I'll be heading south to the crowsnest and plan to cross over into the US near Yaak.

If nothing else, we'll have to meet up at the rally for refreshments.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post

If nothing else, we'll have to meet up at the rally for refreshments.
    Sounds like the best option, see you there. I'll have my laptop and will check this site.
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer pilot View Post
    Sounds like the best option, see you there. I'll have my laptop and will check this site.
    Guy
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB

Some of us from ON are heading to Ponoka AB after Redmond for the CVMG rally. If we don't meet you in OR, maybe we'll meet you on the way back.

Holly