• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A bunch of K75 questions......

rbertalotto

Are all fuel tanks for all years aluminum?

Will 3 spoke wheels from 1990 vintage R11XX series bikes fit a K75

Are there any wire wheels available for the K75. Would any year GS wheels fit?

What year K75 had available ABS brakes

In your estimation, what is the best year for the K75

Thanks in advance

Yes

Yes

No

'92 on??

All run forever. later ABS models had a larger alternator to run the ABS and accessories, early C and T models had drum rear brakes, the rest had rear disk, engines slightly improved over time with pinned rings and changes in compression, front suspension improved around 89 or 90, basic bike never changed in size or weight although there was a change in the gas tank design around '92 where the tank lost half a gallon.

It all comes down to maintanance and what desireable upgrades the POs installed. You may find a 87 model that's in much better shape even with more miles, than a last year '94 with low miles.

Stock shocks wear out around 20K miles..the rings on these things don't even seat until then either..but once they do, you can ride 10K miles and the oil level never budges. Engines can last hundreds of K of miles, trannies need a little more attention, always lube your splines - both ends - and keep coming back to this list. Lots to learn and contribute over time.

87?

My 87 K75S still amazes me. I've thought of upgrading to something with ABS, but I love this bike so much I can't bear the thought of letting it go. An astounding motorcycle that has gotten just about everything in balance.

Ditto on Tom's comments.

My '87 K75S is a keeper and I hope to hand it down to my son someday so he can enjoy it. The bike will outlast me.

The three spoke wheels are very prone to bending as they are only supported every 120 degrees compared to the "Y spoke" wheels that are supported every 45 degrees.

Everyone knows that the best K75s are the "Original Litter K75Ss".:stick

:dance:dance:dance

Back