Thread: New member with a question

New member with a question

Hi all,

This is Al Patton from Omaha, Nebraska. I've enjoyed my '05 1200GS for over 2 years and am looking forward to many more years on it. My local charter club, the appropriately named Flatlanders BMW Club, is a low-key group of great folks.

My question concerns the lack of response from membership services. I joined in April '10 and have yet to receive an issue of ON or the Anonymous Book. I've emailed membership services and left voicemail once and nobody has responded yet. Is this typical?

Thanks------>Al

2005 1200GS
    1990 PC 800

Howdy Al - no it is definitely not typical. That said, this close to the rally things are definitely going to be unintentionally forgotten and overlooked. I would give the office a call tomorrow and I am sure they will get it fixed up quickly. You might also drop a line to Ray Zimmerman, the Association's ED, at rayz@bmwmoa.org and let him know what your experience has been, if he does not know something is broken he cannot fix it.

Welcome aboard!

Ted
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

+1 to Ted's suggestion.

I called to remind them of my April membership at the beginning of June and had my materials about a week later (May AND June ON mags). Nice folks at the home office.
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Welcome aboard Al. If you joined mid April, you would likely miss the "download" of the mailing list for the May issue and possibly the June issue as well. The Anonymous Book is mailed in waves and can be delayed 6-8 weeks from the join date. At a minimum, you should receive membership cards and a welcome letter by now. If you have not received that, we definitely need to look into it for you.

The person to speak with at the office is Becky Weber, 636-394-7277 or beckyw@bmwmoa.org. You can also contact me with your details and I will be glad to make the calls for you. tedm@bmwmoa.org or 205-821-7205.

Thanks for being a member!
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

Welcome Al. Glad to have you join the family. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Got a call and email

Becky called and emailed yesterday. She's sending the Book and a copy of the June ON. I guess my timing was off for the magazine and book.

A big thanks to Becky!

--------->Al