• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's Too Damn Hot!

I'm currently in Charlotte, NC. Temp was in mid-90's today. But with the low humidity, mid 20's I believe, it felt just fine. And wile my bikes and my Darian suit are back home in Illinois, I wouldn't have any problem wearing it all day here. Nice place. Great weather.

I'm currently in Charlotte, NC. Temp was in mid-90's today. But with the low humidity, mid 20's I believe, it felt just fine. And wile my bikes and my Darian suit are back home in Illinois, I wouldn't have any problem wearing it all day here. Nice place. Great weather.

I rode about 100 miles today in full gear in the Charlotte area. I'm riding about 700 miles in the heat tomorrow with full gear. I'll drink maybe about 12oz of water for the whole trip.

I rode about 100 miles today in full gear in the Charlotte area. I'm riding about 700 miles in the heat tomorrow with full gear. I'll drink maybe about 12oz of water for the whole trip.

Dave, I hope you drink more than just 12 oz. of water. I usually stop every 100 miles or so in this kind of heat and alternate water and something like Gatorade. That way, i keep from getting dehydrated. Although I think based on past experience, your more likely to become dehydrated without a suit on than with one on.

Be safe, have fun.

Knoxvegas, TN area...

Yesterday my boys and I were riding and the highest temperature my bike displayed was 106.3 F. Not sure how accurate it is, but it felt it regardless. :brow

Warmest temperature I've ridden in so far this summer was last week on the ALCAN between Whitehorse and Watson Lake.... 88 degrees.... above zero. Very uncommon, and we had three days of temperatures in the 80s.

Traveling/Touring I wear a Camel-Back. When I stop for gas I buy a 20>32 oz size bottled water and ask if I can get ice from the soda pop dispenser to fill the Camel-Back. About every 15 minutes or so I take a swig or two of cold water. The hotter it is the better it tastes. To keep the water cold blow back thru the bite valve so that the tube has no water in it to get warm. Ride Safe

Rode the RT about 300 miles in South Carolina and North Carolina yesterday. It was hovering around 100. I work in the oilfields on the North Slope of Alaska where it drops below -60 in the winter. Give me the +100 any day. Nothing wrong with a little heat.

Dave, I hope you drink more than just 12 oz. of water. I usually stop every 100 miles or so in this kind of heat and alternate water and something like Gatorade. That way, i keep from getting dehydrated. Although I think based on past experience, your more likely to become dehydrated without a suit on than with one on.

Be safe, have fun.

I was fine riding 700 miles 15 hours & 8 of those hours were over 96 degrees. I stopped 3 times for fuel & had lunch on the second fuel stop for a total of 30 minutes = 14.5 hours riding time. I started with a full 20oz bottle of water and drank about 16 ounces.

My gear that I had on was: Lower gear, Simson Carbon X full length under garmet, Jeans & Olympia mesh Cordura pants. Upper gear, wicking t-shirt, Simson Carbon X full length under garmet, 26 to 78 layer kevlar vest, t-shirt, Olympia mesh Cordura jacket & Olympia Hi-Vis vest. The last two hours I was also wearing rain gear. My wicking t-shirt was a little wet from sweat on the lower half.

I rode home today with the same gear on & same temps. & drank a little less water.

Back