• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin 665 and XM Nav Weather in Canada

tommcgee

Unfunded content provider
Does anyone have first-hand experience on whether or not XM Nav Weather works in Canada?

The old high-priced version did not according to what I've been reading.

From the XM site:
http://www.xmwxweather.com/faq/

Where can I receive the XM WX signal?

XM WX Satellite Weather is available across the continental United States, along the coastline, and in adjacent waters.

So it looks like the answer is "no" - never hurts to call and check though.

Edit: Looks like the $6 NavWeather add-on package is different from the $99 a month WX package - and is limited to "over 100 cities" in the Continental US.

I don't know but would contact customer service at XM to see if they can answer the question

I can tell you have never spoken with anyone there. :laugh They don't even know they sell it when you call up to order it.

And to Ted, I am getting conflicting info on whether either Nav Weather or the XM Wx package gets cut off at the border or not.

I was hoping to find someone here with first hand info. I won't be in Canada until August.

I have no idea about weather reports in Canada Tom, but my Zumo 660 in the US gives me the speed limit as I ride. That option disappears when I cross the border riding home. Pity. Why? :dunno

Who cares about weather forecasts anyway? Lately they can't even successfully predict the weather for later in the day. Lately I have found that Sky View seems to work as well as anything else. :laugh :ca

Last edited:
Who cares about weather forecasts anyway? Lately they can't even successfully predict the weather for later in the day. Lately I have found that Sky View seems to work as well as anything else. :laugh :ca

It's the weather radar that's important.

Back