• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mount GPS

Bezdelnik

Got curvy roads?
How do you mount your GPS? How do you power it? Pictures appreciated.

Debating whether to sprint for the Garmin 660 or stick with my Nuvi 260w. Would be nice to hear it talk to me via Bluetooth to my helmet, but is not a 100% requirement (260w no Bluetooth). I realize it is not weatherproof. Figure could just pull it if the weather turns rainy.

I have an 09 RT and use the BMW tank bag.

:bolt

My set-up is a Garmin Nuvi 350 in a cradle I ordered from CycleGadgets.com.

I have a RAM ball mounted atop my clutch-side resovoir (also got that from CycleGadgets), which is where the GPS sits, and I simply run the OEM power cord to my power outlet on the left side of the R1200RT fairing. No wiring to the battery or CANbus issues.

If it rains, I put the power cord away in my tank bag and surround my Nuvi with a waterproof box (also with a RAM ball mount) I got from Whitehorse Gear. It features a soft see-through cover so I can still push my fingers onto the screen to give the Garmin commands.

By the way, I have a Chatterbox HJ-50 mounted on all my helmets. Allows me to run a cord from the Garmin (if yours has a headphone jack port) to the helmet and listen to route instructions (or an MP3 player!) while tooling down the road, or communicate with a passenger using the intercom function.

Works for me. :thumb

Unit specific cradle with a RAM ball. RAM arm. RAM base.

I wire GPSs straight to the battery with a fused connection. I want it to stay on until I turn it off so total time and average speed remain correct for the trip/day.

+2 on co-pilot shelf. zumo 665 mounted on BMR adjustable tilt mount bracket with the Zumo OEM mount and a Touratech Locking black mount.

Powered through the switched side Centech AP-2.

Attachments

• 2009 RT BMR CO-PILOT.jpg
    2009 RT BMR CO-PILOT.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,015
+2 on co-pilot shelf. zumo 665 mounted on BMR adjustable tilt mount bracket with the Zumo OEM mount and a Touratech Locking black mount.

Powered through the switched side Centech AP-2.

Nice! I am in the market for a 665. I have the BMR copilot shelf and adjustable tilt mount. What locking tour tech mount did you get?

Unit specific cradle with a RAM ball. RAM arm. RAM base.

I wire GPSs straight to the battery with a fused connection. I want it to stay on until I turn it off so total time and average speed remain correct for the trip/day.

+1

I like the RAM parts.

So I found a Touratech locking mount for the Zumo 665 Here

It says it is for attachment to handlebar. Can this be mounted on the BMR Products Copilot shelf?

Does anyone have knowledge regarding this?

If you have the BMR shelf, their GPS tilt mount works great and is A LOT less money than the Tourtech.

If you have the BMR shelf, their GPS tilt mount works great and is A LOT less money than the Tourtech.

But is there a way to have the unit lock?

On my Streetpilot 2730 I have a locking device that RAm built. I am looking for some way to use the BMR Copilot shelf and have some way to lock it securely.

660 connector to bike

I thought I saw a post on what connector you need to hook up the 660 to the bike (connects in where the Nav 4 plugs in). It had the BMW part number and wiring instructions. I can't seem to find it now. Anyone else know where the post is? :banghead

Back