• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Great time for music

godfather

Not sure if this the right place to post this, if not, Mods please put it where it belongs. I posted it in Campfire too.

Camping, music, food :eat and good beer :drink ...what else goes better with motorcycling than that?

If you are looking for something different to do...The Hoxeyville Music Fest (www.hoxeyville.com) located in west central Michigan between Cadillac and Manistee, is an event that draws folks from near and far. I have attended the past three years and this is a terrific festival for the entire family. Last year blues great, :bow Buddy Guy, was the head liner.

Check out their website for all of the details including the line up of performers.

BTW there are some great rides in the area too!

Paging Beemocat to the white courtesy phone, please

Hey, Dave, you could ride to this music fest after one of your Boogie-Woogie BBQ Rides!

Lineup

Here is the lineup of performers as of today :groovy...more may be added. Lots of great riding on the area too! Kestelwoods Campground is excellent...very very clean.

I am lookong forward to it again this year:clap

THE RHYTHM DEVILS (feat. Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart of The Grateful Dead)
KELLER WILLIAMS ÔÇó KARL DENSON'S TINY UNIVERSE
THE NEW DEAL ÔÇó STEVE KIMOCK & CRAZY ENGINE
TODD SNIDER ÔÇó GREENSKY BLUEGRASS
JUSTIN TOWNES EARLE ÔÇó CORNMEAL ÔÇó THAT 1 GUY ÔÇó MOONALICE
GREAT AMERICAN TAXI ÔÇó SETH BERNARD & MAY ERLEWINE
THE PIMPS OF JOYTIME ÔÇó MY DEAR DISCO ÔÇó VAN GHOST
THE MACPODZ ÔÇó THE RAGBIRDS ÔÇó FRONTIER RUCKUS
STEPPIN' IN IT ÔÇó RACHAEL DAVIS BAND ÔÇó FOUR FINGER FIVE
AIRBORNE OR AQUATIC ÔÇó RED SEA PEDESTRIANS
JEN SYGIT & SAM CORBIN ÔÇó ROOTSTAND
ULTRAVIOLET HIPPOPOTAMUS ÔÇó FUNKTION ÔÇó CORN FED GIRLS
RED TAIL RING (feat. Micheal Beauchamp) ÔÇó GIFTS OR CREATURES
GRAHAM PARSONS & THE GO ROUNDS ÔÇó STRANGE ARRANGEMENT
THE NORTHERN SKIES ÔÇó WAYWARD ROOTS ÔÇó MIKE STRUWIN

Hey all: Sounds like a great time, and fairly nearby. Anyone interested in a BMWMOA camping section? Some really great riding in the area, not to mention some first class FOOD!!! Looking forward to it. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Mike; I live almost as close as you. Just thought about camping to get away from the "fudgies" here in Pentwater for a while. The silly things are EVERYWHERE!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Mike: It's looking good for the festival. I was wondering, will we be able to park the bikes at the campsite, or will we have to lug our supplies in? I have been talking with several folks from the Ludington area who are interested so we might be setting up a group site. It this permitted? No mention of showers on the web site? Hope to see you there, Dutch

On site camping is available but no showers. The local campground (5minute walk away) Kestelwoods has showers @ $5. Very clean place, and I mean VERY CLEAN...like a hospital clean.

Dutch PM me for my cell#

Last edited:
Back