• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Show of hands

aa3jy

How many would take advantage of a demo ride if a sidecar/trike manufacturer attended, as a vendor, at a MOA rally?

I will not be attending this year, but if a Ural dealer showed at a futur event, I would be in line for a try!
Careful though, if too many people find out how fun sidecars are, we may become mainstream!!!:clap

Demo rides might sound like a good idea, but if you're not three-wheeler experienced, it's not likely you'll learn much. First, hopping on an outfit for a "test" ride will feel so different from your two-wheeler that you can quickly lose control. Second, even if you're sidecar proficient, it may take a few thousand miles to figure out if you like the handling.

A demo ride on a Hyabusa or V-Max might seem like a good idea to a novice who has never ridden anything bigger than the 250cc course bike, but you can understand why a salesman would be reluctant to make that happen.

Sidecar rigs are that different from bikes.

pmdave

Attachments

• EZS Compact RT BW sm.jpg
    EZS Compact RT BW sm.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 96
True Dave..but the Can Am 'Spyder' demo can take just about a rank beginner out on the road depending on the definition of a motorcycle within that State;ie California.. with only a car driver's license..with little training because of it's inherited stability and less complicated controls..or at least I found it much simpler than my URAL.

How many would take advantage of a demo ride if a sidecar/trike manufacturer attended, as a vendor, at a MOA rally?

I am not sure if I read the question right...it is not an issue of a sidecar manufacturer attending the MOA rally as a vendor - Hannigan has done every year I have been to one - they have to OFFER demo rides

I am not sure if I read the question right...it is not an issue of a sidecar manufacturer attending the MOA rally as a vendor - Hannigan has done every year I have been to one - they have to OFFER demo rides

As I've been informed there are no other sidecar/3-wheeled manufactures been given the 'OK' by the MOA BOD to allow demo rides at the MOA rally..hopefully that will change in the future..

We once had Triumph come to our regional rally to show off the Tiger. BMW Canada was NOT impressed.

Rode a Spyder for the last 2 years at Daytona Bike Week. They set up at the race track, get there early and sign up for a demo ride. Helmet, Gloves, long pants, boots, or ATTGAT required. Fun ride. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Back