• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garmin 2610 R1150RT Mount ... Suggestions

Rico611

Have just been informed by Santa's elf that a Garmin 2610 will be under my Xmas tree this year. I am now looking for recommendations for mounting it on my '02 R1150RT. Your comments, suggestion for mounting would be greatly appreciated.

Photos and links would be appreciated.

:)

Dutch,

Thanks for the link. It's good to hear comments from people with experience. It is a cold day in the Chicago area (7F, -13C) so all I can do is think about riding.

Rich

"DUDE"....make your own it's easy

in the end for a quick solution i made my own mount. went to the local street sign repair guys and asked for a scrap piece of aluminum. got out my hack saw, my drill, and a file. make a template out of a piece of cardboard, traced it on the metal, cut it, drilled it, put black vinyl tape over it, used 1/2 inch strapping to cradle it........and viola.......a mount in about 2 hours and a cost of under $5.00 canadian and fits under the windscreen when in the lowest position. This fits the GPSV, I'm not familiar with your unit.

Attachments

• Home Made.jpg
    Home Made.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 424
Thanks for the suggestion. I have ordered a mount and hope to have it installed very soon. Your suggestion is practical and looks like it would work just fine. I had some disposable income and chose to the handle bar mount from Gadget Guy--Hope it works.

I'll post a photo when I have it installed.

Thanks for the input!! :wave

Disposable income is gooood :thumb . I needed something quick, cheap, and easily fixed on the road.

Thanks for the response.

Try BMW Santa Cruz for a beefy solution. Here's the link
http://www.bmwscruz.com/SHOP/BMW/index.html Click on "Online store" and then enter "R1150RT" in the search field. The accessory is listed for R1100RTs so I'm assuming it's there for the 1150s too.

I also found another option at CycoActive. It's for an R1100RT- here's the link for that one: http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gallery/bmw_gpsmount.html

You'll also need to get some sort of mounting bracket to actually hold the unit if you don't already have one. Keep in mind that the installation of handlebar risers may influence these choices. The folks at Santa Cruz said just to let them know if you have bar backs installed. Haven't check with CycoActive yet.

Let me know how you fare. I'm looking too though I haven't selected a GPS unit yet.

Try this one. Great company. Great people. Meet them at the Motorcycle Show in Long Beach. Mind you, not a worker, but the boss HERself. Asked why she was not carrying an item. WROTE it down and said,"Will look into it". Is that not CS nothing is.....
Cycle Gadget

NO affliation with this company.

Back