Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New forum

OK! Glad to see this finally happen. Now we sidecar nuts--er "enthusiasts" can go to one section and not have to drift around so much.

When I'm at a rally with my sidecar rig, I make a point of offering a ride to one of the non-motorcyclist vendors, such as someone who is preparing rally food. Often they will accept, and when we return from a short ride, all the other workers will be waiting with huge grins.

For whatever reason, non-motorcyclists don't see a sidecar as being "dangerous" or "threatening" like they assume about a two-wheeler. But after a ride, I ask how they feel about being a "biker" now.

At the Bee Cee Beemers rally at Nakusp, BC, for several years the sidecarists have taken the residents of a local retirement "home" for sidecar rides. For some, this is the highlight of their year.

Several years ago, I had my outfit there, and by chance happened to be first in line. I hadn't done the "circuit" around town before, so the helpers got one of the women into the sidecar and a helmet strapped on, and off we went. When I got to the other end of town, I started making a circle to go back. The woman tapped my on the leg and announced "I was expecting the WHOLE ride." I asked where the "whole ride" went, and she pointed out the route, up the hill, onto the highway, and back through town from the other end. I think She was 103.

This was last year. I'm not sure who the passenger is.

pmdave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Should be fun

My dog made me subscribe to this thread.
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by pmdave View Post
    OK! Glad to see this finally happen. Now we sidecar nuts--er "enthusiasts" can go to one section and not have to drift around so much.

When I'm at a rally with my sidecar rig, I make a point of offering a ride to one of the non-motorcyclist vendors, such as someone who is preparing rally food. Often they will accept, and when we return from a short ride, all the other workers will be waiting with huge grins.

For whatever reason, non-motorcyclists don't see a sidecar as being "dangerous" or "threatening" like they assume about a two-wheeler. But after a ride, I ask how they feel about being a "biker" now.

At the Bee Cee Beemers rally at Nakusp, BC, for several years the sidecarists have taken the residents of a local retirement "home" for sidecar rides. For some, this is the highlight of their year.

Several years ago, I had my outfit there, and by chance happened to be first in line. I hadn't done the "circuit" around town before, so the helpers got one of the women into the sidecar and a helmet strapped on, and off we went. When I got to the other end of town, I started making a circle to go back. The woman tapped my on the leg and announced "I was expecting the WHOLE ride." I asked where the "whole ride" went, and she pointed out the route, up the hill, onto the highway, and back through town from the other end. I think She was 103.

This was last year. I'm not sure who the passenger is.

pmdave
    Great post!
    2008 R12RT (Blue)
    1986 R80RT (Silver)

Member of the Loonie-Tics. MOA 292.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    My dog made me subscribe to this thread.

Mine did too!...

Ara & Spirit

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerchef View Post
    Mine did too!...

Ara & Spirit
    That's a sweet looking setup you have there!!! Where is the trailer for the dog food?
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    That's a sweet looking setup you have there!!! Where is the trailer for the dog food?
    You have not seen us packed! The food is in the nose of the car...

Ara & Spirit

I would think that dog was bringing deer back to camp each night...

... and you pull a trailer for the generator set that runs your aux-lights?

Nice rig.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr