Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New forum

New forum

Well, here it is, boys & girls.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Cool! Don't have a hack but wish I did...

1983 R100RT hacked w/Cozy Rocket My blog
    2012 Ural Patrol
    Airhead #10576

What about trailers?
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Talking Down hill

Sidecars are a down hill/slippery slope. The saying of "once you go hack you won't go back" is not a joke/play on words. I have a Ural Troyka and keep thinking about doing another rig set up on the RT.

The one thing I recommend for the prospective sidecar buyer/driver would be training even if it consisted of just reading the book(s) by David Hough.

Oh, yeah! Sidecars are not for the introverted, they draw the attention
    Cat Televangelist; "and Morris brought down from the sofa the 10 entitlements!"

Quote Originally Posted by womanridge View Post
    Well, here it is, boys & girls.
    I like the smell of fresh paint.

Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    What about trailers?
    I was hoping it would be named Sidecars, Trikes and Trailers...

As a matter of fact the poll is still active.

But what do I know... I just suggest them.

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeemer View Post
    Sidecars are a down hill/slippery slope. The saying of "once you go hack you won't go back" is not a joke/play on words. I have a Ural Troyka and keep thinking about doing another rig set up on the RT.

The one thing I recommend for the prospective sidecar buyer/driver would be training even if it consisted of just reading the book(s) by David Hough.

Oh, yeah! Sidecars are not for the introverted, they draw the attention
    That is true. Little kids always waved when I was riding my sidecar rig. The same is not true when riding any of my motorcycles.

SNOONE
    Bikes with sidecar rigs are what the Ride For Kids always needs to shuttle the kids around on ride day... Please volunteer for your local ride!! We never have enough!!

angysdad
    Right on! A sidecar forum! Thanks everyone who voted for this.
    As for not being an introvert...you got that right.
    Consider the 'kid' factor.
    I ride my rig alone, people notice. I ride with on child in the tub, I get smiles and a few waves. Two children in the tub generates laughter, pointing, wild waving, etc.
    Apparently a dog generates the same effect.

RSPENNACHIO

I'm a fan

I don't have a side car but I rode in one!

This past Easter we had dinner at my brother-in-laws house. After Kevin and I went to the garage to mess around with his new rig. It is a 1983 AMF sportster btw. The color of it and the hack are called root beer.

I was first to go for a ride. I decided to break my ATGATT rule for this ride (save the beating for later please). I put on the whole black and orange costume, crome rimmed goggles, one of those non-DOT bucket helmets complete with iron cross, "fear no beer" & "No bar to far" stickers. I looked sweet! Actually rediculous but it was so funny that everyone went for a ride including my Kids, wife, his wife and my mother.

You can not contain the smiles while you are riding in one.

If you are on the fence...

Take the sidecar class.

After passing it you will own a sidecar in a week. I promise.

Non-model specific discussions about sidecars and trikes

The footer reads, "Non-model specific discussions about sidecars and trikes"

Just curious, why "non-model" (brand)? There are a ton of chairs, trikes, and trailers out there and comparing notes would be helpful.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    The footer reads, "Non-model specific discussions about sidecars and trikes"

Just curious, why "non-model" (brand)? There are a ton of chairs, trikes, and trailers out there and comparing notes would be helpful.
    That means any model/brand. The mods did not want to confuse bike model specific questions from the other tech sections (oilhead, airhead, k brick, etc.).

As far as trailers, they are a different cat from sidecar/trike and we thought for now to keep it simple. People can always discuss trailers in the general gear section since they are more accessory and not part of the core machine.
    Steve Marquardt

Thanks for the clarification Steve.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhway View Post
    As far as trailers, they are a different cat from sidecar/trike and we thought for now to keep it simple. People can always discuss trailers in the general gear section since they are more accessory and not part of the core machine.
    Sounds fair to me...

Thanks for the extra room...
    Hopefully it'll spur even more interest.