• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'battery tende'r automatic charger question

f14rio

any reason not to connect one of these to the battery on my r1200r?
note:
it shuts down when the battery is fully charged (green light comes on).
seems to work okay on my '09 harley.
thx,
ed flanagan

Last edited:
I use mine (Battery Tender Jr.) on every lead-acid/AGM battery in the fleet, including the K100, the kid's Katana 600, my wife's Kymco 125 scooter and the Hyundai Accent. They are about as universal as they get. Bigger batteries just take longer to charge.

I use mine (Battery Tender Jr.) on every lead-acid/AGM battery in the fleet, including the K100, the kid's Katana 600, my wife's Kymco 125 scooter and the Hyundai Accent. They are about as universal as they get. Bigger batteries just take longer to charge.

What he said.
And we'll both get flamed by the battery Nazis.

In addition to what he said, your battery doesn't know it's connected to a Harley so it will charge silently.

Forget the charger!

:bikes:bikesJust ride the bike.. when was the last time you put a charger on your car.

If you store the bike for +4 months, disconnect and quick charge before re-installing.. I think we way over do the battery thing.

Use it, ride it, enjoy it and don't sweat it.. You will know when the battery is weak.. it will not spin right.. then ride it to charge it up.

Ride, Ride, ride...:brow:bikes

:bikes:bikesJust ride the bike.. when was the last time you put a charger on your car.
The charging system on my BMW car holds a full charge for about 3 days, so now that I ride the bike a lot, I have to have the battery tender on the car most of the time. Since you asked. It's also a BMW.

Connect your charger directly to the battery and you should be fine - avoid using the accessory socket or anything else which will connect the charger to the bike's finicky Bavarian electrical harness.

Last edited:

If you store the bike for +4 months, disconnect and quick charge before re-installing.. I think we way over do the battery thing.

Use it, ride it, enjoy it and don't sweat it.. You will know when the battery is weak.. it will not spin right.. then ride it to charge it up.

Sooo Right...I go several days with out riding:violin,and when I do come back to her she starts just fine.But only after I beg 4 forgiveness:bow

I've got 4 bikes, plenty of days of foul weather and as a result, the bikes and RV batterys all get tendered......Beemers are plugged in(quick connect) after each ride,
and the 2 old Hondas share one. And no you can't overdue the "battery thing"
as long as you have a quality tender that automatically shuts down upon full charge.

My batterys last five years, in a location where I only get to ride maybe 6 months of the year.

Because they are kept up. Works for me.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back