• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi from the Pacific Northwest

rosierider

Geeze, never thought I would be doing this in a million years.

But here I am, excited to be fulfilling a life long dream and owning a very cool bike. It's funny, sometimes, how we end up where we do--but I always think itÔÇÖs the journey that counts, not necessarily the end. I consider myself a new rider in a very round about way. I actually learned to ride (MSF and all) about 15 years ago. But life sort of got in the way. A transfer to Italy (my husband was in the Air Force at that time), children, career--you get the picture. Anyhow the girls got older and more independent and I started getting the bug, again. As a Mothers Day present, a few years ago, I was given a Honda 250 "Big Ruckus"ÔÇöthis ride, while a lot of fun, lasted exactly one year and I said enough with the training wheels.

489747521_WA8kE-M.jpg

I then graduated to a Suzuki 650 "V-Strom". Though it is a wonderful bike for new riders, I just couldn't get past the top heavy feel and my feet not coming in contact with terra firma--very unsettling.

490891605_VNsBT-M.jpg

I spent a lot of time discussing this with my husband and the local BMW dealership. Finally, they all convinced me to take a test ride on the G650GS.

870838217_673tw-M.jpg

Oh my gosh! It was love at first rideÔÇöI couldnÔÇÖt stop giggling. The whole experience of joining the BMW family really began before I even purchased my Thumper. It began with my husband and fellow Beemer riders listening to me and discussing different options and mostly giving me support and encouragement, not to give up on my dream.

I have to say that this journey has and will be a wonderful one and I am very happy to be part of this family.

Caio for now,
AC and LilThumper

great post and congratulations on the new bike.

are you going to be able to ride to the rally next month? we look forward to meeting you.

ian

ps => LOVE the big ruckus!

Welcome to the club, lot of nice backroads here in the Evergreen (Everwet?) State, maybe I'll see you out there one of these days. I'm also a customer of South Sound...good bunch of people there.

Nice new ride, now get out there and enjoy it while the sun shines today!

Cheers! Bill J

Welcome aboard. I too am new to the BMW family when I purchased a pre ridden 2001 F650GS this April (2010). I'm in Vancouver Washington. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you around the Pacific North WET as it has been lately! Going to Redmond? I'll be going on Th/F due to work commitments.

Cheers,

Bill

great post and congratulations on the new bike.

are you going to be able to ride to the rally next month? we look forward to meeting you.

ian

ps => LOVE the big ruckus!

Yes, I am going to the rally. I am so excited--my first road trip as a non-pillion.

Anitra

Welcome aboard. I too am new to the BMW family when I purchased a pre ridden 2001 F650GS this April (2010). I'm in Vancouver Washington. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you around the Pacific North WET as it has been lately! Going to Redmond? I'll be going on Th/F due to work commitments.

Cheers,

Bill

Yes, we are going, too. We plan on riding down on Wednesday, to get the lay of the land and leave on Sunday. I am so jazzed.

Anitra

Gusto Girl!

Good for you... you got what it takes... I can see it in your face..

Keep it.

Jim, GertieKtn:bikes

A big welcome and congrats on an excellent introductory post. You big smile made me smile knowing the enthusiasm you are experiencing with your new bike. You were made for each other.:thumb

Hope to meet you face to face at Redmond.

Ride Well
Ride Often
Ride to :eat

Update From the Pacific Northwest

Thought I would check in and let everyone know that I am still in love with my "Lil Thumper". We've covered a lot of miles together, mostly to and from work; doesn't matter, riding is riding. At 14,000 miles I blew out the shock going over Seattle roads--which I liken to the off road experience minus the dirt. It was at this point I decided I probably should raise the bike to standard height and give the shock and forks a break. Man, what a difference! All of sudden I wasn't fighting turns and I wasn't getting beat up by the wind. Wierd how the dynamics work. It was like a brand new bike.
Well, the good news is I am going on my first group ride ever! Will be the only female riding her bike (I like guys better anyways, they don't bitch too much). This adventure is called the Summer Solistice Ride. Starts on 20 June and ends when we pull in the driveway (probably the 27th). We are going from Auburn, WA to Olympia and picking up the riders. We then head west to Aberdeen (skirting the rain forest), and then start our way north to Lake Quinault. Then west to Kalaloch, then head north on Hwy 101 to Forks. We take Hwy 110 West and head to La Push and Rialto Beach. We backtrack 110 and ride back to 101 head northeast, skirting the southern side of Lake Crescent. Continue to Port Angeles. Spend two nights overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca. On Saturday we will head on over to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Forest. Loose plan is to take Hwy 112 to Neah Bay and then hike to Cape Flattery. Coming home we go on Hwy 112 to 101 east, Hwy 20 to Port Townsend. Take the ferry to Whidbey Island, we will most likely spend the night. From there we continue our lap around Washington, riding the North Cascade Loop. On to the Touratech Rally in Plain, WA. Then home.
Living the Dream everyday!
[url=http://raptor02.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Fetching-Whitneys-GS/i-fMkd6kg/A][/URL]

You are in for a very enjoyable ride! My wife and I have done this circuit on our motorcycles and by bicycle. Lots of road variety, beautiful scenery and loads of fresh sea/mountain/rainforest air! Have fun!

Back