• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How did the S1000RR do?

PAULBACH

How did the S1000RR do at the FIM Superbike World Championship?

Anyone here that went to the Big Dance? :wow

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=294&sid=10989918

In race one, Haslam finished second, 4.931 seconds behind Biaggi on his No. 91 Team Alstare Suzuki, ahead of Japanese veteran Noriyuki Haga, Biaggi's teammate Leon Camier of Britain and Australian Troy Corser of the factory BMW team.

In race two, Camier finished 5.899 seconds behind his teammate, giving Aprilia its first-ever 1-2 finish. Sterilgarda Yamaha's Cal Crutchlow of Britain was third, with Haga and Corser rounding out the top five.

corser looked to be on the podium for race two, but faded. it was clear that the BMW team is still having problems putting the power to the ground.

this year, though, it looks like they have traction control sorted out.

scott russell said it looked like the bike was lacking "mechanical grip" and that corser clearly couldn't get the bike to "do what he wanted it to do."

i don't know if that's a nice way of saying the chassis is not quite right, or something else.

BMW is definitely on the way up, though.

ian

Someone I talked with in CA who was at the race said he keeps losing the rear tire. They have not quite figured out how to stop chewing up the tire.

corser looked to be on the podium for race two, but faded. it was clear that the BMW team is still having problems putting the power to the ground.

this year, though, it looks like they have traction control sorted out.

scott russell said it looked like the bike was lacking "mechanical grip" and that corser clearly couldn't get the bike to "do what he wanted it to do."

i don't know if that's a nice way of saying the chassis is not quite right, or something else.

BMW is definitely on the way up, though.

ian

I was at the races and Checa on a Ducati clearly had race 1 won, except the bike quit starting the last lap. Same thing race 2. Corser had 2nd place most of race 2 but faded.

This months Cycle World issue had an interesting article (180 degree inline 4 crank) on power that may explain the S1000RR's problem getting smooth power to the ground.

3500 mile round trip on my bike. It was great.

Ralph Sims

Back