• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

15th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
All BMW riders and their guests are welcome, not just Airheads!

15TH ANNUAL "AIRHEADS AT THE AERODROME" CAMPOUT
Mid Hudson Valley, New York
June 25-27, 2010

We will be celebrating fifteen years of fun at Dutchess County Wilcox Park, located one mile east of the Taconic Parkway on Route 199 in Milan, NY.

Come join us for two nights camping with lots of shaded camping space.
Clean restrooms, free hot showers, covered pavilion, swimming lake, boating and fishing lake, fields, hiking trails and many great local riding roads. Renowned Chef Karla will once again prepare her fabulous Saturday night steak dinner (ONLY for those whose pre-paid pre-registrations are postmarked by 10 June 2010). There are restaurants and stores about 8 miles east in Pine Plains, NY or 10 miles west in Rhinebeck, NY for those who choose not to pre-register or wish to fix their own meals. Cooking and campfires on site are permitted.

Special guests this weekend will be the BMW Veteran Motorcycle Club displaying a wonderful selection of BMW motorcycle history. There will also be an informal swap meet for those who wish to bring along motorcycle related parts to sell. Swap meet vendor spaces are free. Last year one of the vendors sold over $1000 worth of stuff. Bring your stuff, buyers are waiting with cash. There will be a group ride to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome on Saturday afternoon for an amazing air show. Air show admission not included in the rally fee, www.oldrhinebeck.org

Motor home/camper electrical and water hookup spaces are limited, so please pre-register early. Parking for four wheelers and trailers is available on site. Contact me for local lodging information for the camping challenged. Note: Campers, motor homes and trailers are not permitted on the Taconic Parkway. Contact me for alternate routes to the site.

Last year, once again, we had to turn a few people away because this event is that good and space is limited. Pre-registration is strongly suggested!

Cost for the weekend camping (including Saturday night dinner for the
pre-registered) is only $25.00 per person, children 12 and under are
admitted free. Please make your checks out to ÔÇ£Michael FriedleÔÇØ All BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Questions, directions, information or to pre-register, Michael Friedle, 8 College Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603; 845-473-1337; mfriedle@verizon.net. Please include an e mail address with your check so I may confirm your registration. See you there soon.

Part of the East Coast Grand Slam

IMG_3836.jpg

Michael Friedle knows how to host a rally since he has put on three national rallies - or was it four?

Make this event part of your East Coast Grand Slam.

• Rhinebeck Grand National Meet
  • Americade
  • Airheads at the Aerodrome
  • RA National Rally
Is Airheads in the same league? Absolutely! The camping facilities are first rate. The food is cuisine. The riding is sublime.

It's a family get together for the east coast.

Any drawbacks? Just one. This event always sells out and if you don't get your reservation in now as in this week then you might be disappointed.

Aerodrome gathering

We still have some room left this year.

I know how busy you are Paul, but I hope you can join us this year.

Friedle

I'm in... It's always a great time!! Reid, how about you?

And who is that handsome new grandfather in the picture above? Chloe Grace will not be attending

Attachments

• IMG_0396small.jpg
    IMG_0396small.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 254
Congrats Snoone. Time for a sidecar for Chloe Grace soon?

I'm out since I will be in Belgium for the FIM rally that week. Have a drink for me.

Holly

Holly,

We will miss you but Belgium doesn't sound too bad....either

We still have some room left this year.

I know how busy you are Paul, but I hope you can join us this year.

Friedle

Miss the Airhead? Never!
scream1.gif

It's a family event! A year without Airheads at the Aerodrome is like

PBJ without the jelly
A movie without popcorn
A kiss without a squeeze
Apple pie without the cheese.

This great event is coming up quickly... Just bumping the thread to make sure everyone is aware

15th ANNUAL AIRHEADS AT THE AERODROME GATHERING

WE ARE FULL!

Thanks for your overwhelming positive response. We have over 130 people pre registered.

If you have not pre registered, please do so next year, but please don't ride to the gathering this year expecting to camp and partake of the fabulous Saturday night dinner. I will be turning away those who just show up at the door. The Inn is full!

Sorry, hope to see you next year for the 16th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome

Friedle

Thanks to the almost 140 people who showed up to help us celebrate our 15th anniversary of this gathering.

It was a wonderful weekend!

We left the park as nice as we found it, and for that I thank you. I did find a Motorola cell phone clip holder left on the table at site 11. If it is yours, or you know who might have left it behind, please drop me a post at mfriedle@verizon.net.

If not claimed, it will be a door prize next year. =8^)

See you for the 16th edition next year.

Friedle

Any pictures from this year? I was sorry to have to miss it this year but there's always next year. :thumb

Any pictures from this year? I was sorry to have to miss it this year but there's always next year. :thumb

188a91e5.jpg

The master of ceremonies. Every rally Michael touches is a success. Had no problem at all finding him. :laugh

64737a73.jpg

Enjoying the dog days of summer.

2df7ca17.jpg

One steak dinner for hundreds coming right up!

2323b66d.jpg

Great location for friends, fellowship & food.

2f4bb37f.jpg

Rare shot of one of the best photographers in the East.

Try this link! for additional photos.

Last edited:
Back