• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Sidecar Forum?

Should We Have a Sidecar, Trike and Trailer (pulling kind) Forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ooops. Well, that was then...
Nonetheless... Trailers can be pulled by cars, and this is a MC forum.

I would still like to 'respectively' submit to m/c pulled trailers discussed here.
Better yet... If they member posts it here... Don't move it somewhere else.

--

Seems there is now a Sidecar / trike forum...

How about adding trailers to the Heading.
Basically as:
-------
Sidecars, Trikes and Trailers.
It's OK Being the Third Wheel.
-------

I guess we can kill the Poll too... :D

Just wanted to let you know that we reviewed this post and wanted to let you know the reason the forum for sidecars and trikes was named specifically that is due to the specificity of the vehicles configuration

Trailers belong in the Gear Forum. The reasoning is that they are seperate from the machine and could be towed with your car if you wanted. So it is viewed as an accessory and not an integral part of the vehicle.

So how do trailers fit into that description.? (Integral to the machine) Or in other words why should they be included in the trike forum title?

I have to agree with leaving trailers in the 'gear' section. There is nothing model/type-specific about a trailer. Anyone can pull one, either with two wheels or three (or four).

I just picked up an OLD Bingham sidecar about two weeks ago ... so old, it was before he started using the SideStrider name. I was thinking about strapping it onto my 73 R75/5, but have since decided not to. At least not my trusty, owned-it-since-it-came-out-of-the-box Euro bar /5.... I have a spare /5 frame that I've started collecting parts for.

I called SS and talked to Doug, he sent me, literally, every bit of information that he had on this old chair; exploded parts drawing with part numbers, old advertising brochures, etc.

No suspension, 12" automotive wheel, and that's about it... a 650 would be the perfect tug for it, but it's so light that a 450 wouldn't have that much trouble with it (up hill might be a bit slow).

Doug Bingham IMO is Mr. Sidecar.

Good person, best in the world IMO, after Keith Wash formerly of Unitt Sidecars.

Back