• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where you keep your Bikes

Rudyjo

Dale Rudolph
On a recent thread, the question was "How many bikes do you have?". The most
listed was Paul and Voni with 11. Show us a picture of where you store so many
bikes. Show your garage, shop, barn, or storage building.

Don't have a picture to show, but I've only got four bikes and am about out of room. My bikes share the two-stall garage with my woodshop. We joke that with more bike purchases planned, we will need to add on the garage. So a 26 x 40 addition is going on sometime in the next couple of years. That should work - for a while.

I don't know if this applies since I only have one bike, but here's where she rests between runs:

884907868_toubG-M.jpg

- Kate

I try to keep mine on the road... :D

Seriously, in the garage.
The jeep is relegated to the weather.

It's a new garage. A work in progress if you will...

Attachments

• NewGarage.jpg
    NewGarage.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 555
Snow on the ground and that lawn mower is on the bottom!?

Heresy!

:D

I keep the mower in the back part of the garage in the winter so I can keep it hooked to a battery tender. In the summer the mower is in a shed in the back yard.

Last edited:
That would be a pretty impressive clean and jerk, to get those bikes down. :)

I usually tell people I bunny hop them up onto the deck :)
I have a sliding door at the back of the main garage giving me access to the bike parking area.

bike_area.jpg

Can't really do a photo right now. We are in Minnesota riding 2 of the bikes, an R1150R and F800S. One K75, 2 F650s, an R27 and Honda CA160 are parked in Kansas. 2 K75s, an R1100RS, a Kawasaki KL250 and Yamaha TW200 are parked in Texas. One K75 is in Iowa.

Whoops - that's 13, not 11 :)

I'll see if I can find any existing pictures on this computer but they are probably stored on a hard drive in Texas.

The bikes in Kansas are in a 30'x40' shop building. In Texas they are in a separate garage or room off the carport at the shop building. In Iowa - in a garage. Lots of room several places.

Paul Glaves;

And we thought you were a good mechanic. Instead of fixing your bikes while
on a long trip, you just hitch a ride to the next big city where you have another
bike ready to go.:nyah

Can't really do a photo right now. We are in Minnesota riding 2 of the bikes, an R1150R and F800S. One K75, 2 F650s, an R27 and Honda CA160 are parked in Kansas. 2 K75s, an R1100RS, a Kawasaki KL250 and Yamaha TW200 are parked in Texas. One K75 is in Iowa.

Whoops - that's 13, not 11 :)

I'll see if I can find any existing pictures on this computer but they are probably stored on a hard drive in Texas.

The bikes in Kansas are in a 30'x40' shop building. In Texas they are in a separate garage or room off the carport at the shop building. In Iowa - in a garage. Lots of room several places.

If I can be of any help keeping the Kansas bikes limber for ya let me know!

Three go in my garage - any more and the cars won't fit. My most recent addition is in a 5X10 storage space in a storage facility close by. I always feel bad leaving whichever one it is off by themselves, but they all get to spend quality time with their siblings.

527117116_JKKVL-L.jpg

Life is good...:love

Raining this morning, so killin' some time with y'all...

Found a beautiful woman that was riding Beemers and got me to switch brands , and has as many bikes as I do, agree to marry me last year...and this place a few years back after stuffing a car and 9 bikes into a 24X24 garage...So, I know about small spaces.
888548718_JPRwE-M.jpg

It looked like this within a few months of moving in...one lift and the tire changer...how quick it filled up!
762682421_UdWyH-M.jpg

Had two lifts since last year...a friend downsized his living quarters and brought me his new lift last week...free use if he can store/use it here. Already prepping Helen's for an upcoming trip on the new lift. Have a neighbors Honda '83 CB1000 on one at the moment, has been idle for many years:banghead. The Dodge came in due to a hailstorm last night...it usually lives outside.
888549020_K2GEv-M.jpg

the parking corner...a tad messy as I was emptying sidecases out last night. Chuck's Ol Yeller and the 69S are the guests.
888550813_UHWzy-M.jpg

What mancave is complete w/out a couch? A shot from last winter and clutter...the room is a gym ...like I have time to use it lately
762677472_EoXSF-M.jpg

and this area...the table seems to collect all sorts of projects
762678938_23rJz-M.jpg

Back