• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

corbin saddle

We have three Corbins on our bikes including the saddle you asked about on her R12R. She's happy with it, as we are with all our Corbins. The R12R seat required some shimming of the latch to get a perfect fit but that was a simple task. I think it is a great looking seat. Corbins tend to run firmer than other brands and can take a couple thousand miles to adapt to your seat.

P5090016.jpg

Did a lot of research on this and wound up with the BMW Comfort Saddle ($554)

You can read all about R1200R Seats at:

http://www.r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19916

and

http://www.r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20226

Lots of comments on lots of different seats. There seems to be some fit problems with the Corbin seat on the R1200R, and their customer service is hit or miss, but they are said to be comfortable.

The BMW Comfort Seat is expensive, but made of leather, a perfect fit on the bike, and comfortable. It also comes low, standard, and high.

All other seats require you to sacrifice your original seat.

Scott

BMW Comfort Saddle

I have the BMW Comfort Saddle for the R1200R and it is very comfortable. The stock seat left me in misery for any ride over 25 miles.

I will probably send my stock seat off to be customized this winter, but for now the Comfort Saddle has made me happy.

Back