• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Move/ship a bike from MA?

kantuckid

Ideas , anyone on a easy way to get a bike from Weymouth,MA to eastern ,KY? I am very much aware of fact that I can :1. travel 1500k/RT and haul back on my trailer
2.fly & ride
3. pay a shipper and I have done # 1 & 2 previously.
I have no favorite bike shipper,etc.. Mostly looking for the possibility of somebody "up there" that might be coming this way?- and an easy/cheap solution. Otherwise, cheap & good shipper?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks jarhead! Their quick quote came back @ $607. Gas estimate for me would be around $265 for PU truck. Seems like I have seen similar hauls(when not really shopping) for around $450-500? On wrecked cars I pay from $500-700 , depending on where & who. This bike is a potential buy in Weymouth,MA-any free bike inspectors up that way???

I've heard good things from:

http://www.uship.com/motorcycles/

Shippers bid for your job like ebay. You might get a motorcycle shipper like "Federal" and you might get an independent trucker going your way with an empty box.

If you use them, let us know, I'd be interested in more direct feedback.

I got a parts bike for sale as well - that can not ride as well - OK :thumb
All's clear now - I understand

Back