Thread: r90 toolkit

r90 toolkit

does anyone have a bmw toolkit for a r90 for sale. thanks

I suggest you put an ad on the Flea Market or IBMWR and/or troll the usual ebay, craigslist, etc. They come up for sale from time to time. You could also check Motobins in the UK. Vech at Bench Mark Works sells a pretty decent tool kit, too.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by rayma60927 View Post
    does anyone have a bmw toolkit for a r90 for sale. thanks
    There's an '84 RT tool kit on the Flea Market right now for $50 -- move quick!
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

got a motobins one, pleased with the quality
    // 1975 BMW R90/6 (cafe'd) // 1957 BMW R60 (in pieces) // 1967 Aermacchi/H-D Sprint 250 SS (custom special) // 1967 Moto Guzzi V700 (current restoration)

http://symphonyofshrapnel.blogspot.com

criminaldesign
    put ya one together. check out the goods in the cheap tools $1-5 bins at the auto parts stores.

I put together a tool kit for my R25/2 by hitting the local pawn shops. The type of wrenches you need, though, need to have two different sizes on either end, in order to reduce the total number of wrenches by a factor of two. Most often, cheap tool houses will only have 10mm open and closed as a single wrench. It took me a while, but after enough sifting, I finally found a goodly assortment of different sizes to make a reasonable tool kit. There were a few that I couldn't find, so I had to buy those. I got a tool bag from Vech along with the tubular wrench which fit the spark plug.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

criminaldesign
    That's exactly my case with the wrenches, I have like 10+ on the bike, but no worries.

For my tool bag I took $1 apron from Tractor Supply and turned the one pocket into 4 pockets and sewn a flap on the top so it wraps up nicely.

I bet there's a wide variety of tool kits amongst us. Be interesting to see...

I put together a kit for Dad since he picked up a /6. Made the bag out of surplus material. Came out pretty cool. One of the best things Mom shown me was how to operate a sewing machine years ago.