• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lowering kit for the F800GS

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
I have just ordered a Hyperpro 50mm Lowering kit from Touratech for my '09 F800GS. I was just wondering if anybody has ever installed one and what they thought?:ear

What does the kit include and how much lower will it make the bike?

What does the kit include and how much lower will it make the bike?

The kit includes 2 new front fork springs and oil and a new spring for the rear shock. It is supposed to reduce height by 50mm-aprox 2 inches. You can see a picture on the Touratec site www.touratech-usa.com or a couple of other sites-it seems my purchase is a little confusing the way the distributing went.:dunno

Ordered Jan '09 from http://www.epmperf.com/lowering-links.htm, installed by dealer, very happy with it after 7500 miles.;)

That's good to hear. I only became aware of EPM yesterday. When I got routed to EPM from what I thought was the distributor for a little pre install info he was kind of cranky that I didn't by the kit from him. Had I known the situation or known of him I would have as he pointed out it would be about $60.00 cheaper and he sounds like the guy with the knowledge:dunno. Stopping and starting an order is usually a PITA. I'm glad your happy with the change, hope I am also. Thanks Gary

Kit is installed-front and rear

Quite a mechanical event, 2 new front fork springs and oil and new coil over spring on the rear shock. Only about 100 miles so far and it has changed the character of the bike. I will ride some more and the next determination will be how much to shorten the side stand as on dead flat ground the bike in too vertical I think a slight tap would send it over no big deal but I want everything to settle out before I take out what looks to be 3/4 of an inch. I hate cutting things three times and finding them still short!!!! overall-:thumb so far.

So it's been 4+ years since you lowered the 800GS. How much did you end up taking off the side stand? Do you have a center stand; how much off that?

I don't remember Kevin but could look back and probably figure it out. The way I calculated the ammount to be removed is after the lowering kit was installed, I rolled the F8 up on different thicknesses of wood until the F8 sat the way I liked. The shortening process was pretty simple.
OM

By the way I got a response back from Touratech indicating they expect to have the 50mm (2 inch) version of the lowering kit for the 2013-14 F800GS in their next shipment. I'm going to call Klaus at EPM (HyperPro) today to see what he has. At least with EPM you can call and talk directly with Klaus if you need technical advice; at least that has been my experience in the past.

I have been wondering this.

Does the lowered F800 have a higher clearance level than the standard F700GS/F650GS?

I have had my F650GS twin since 2008 and been wondering about getting a lowered F800GS, but i want to know if there is any advantages to the clearance level.

I have been wondering this.

Does the lowered F800 have a higher clearance level than the standard F700GS/F650GS?

I have had my F650GS twin since 2008 and been wondering about getting a lowered F800GS, but i want to know if there is any advantages to the clearance level.

From experience, a 2008 F800GS w/ HyperPro 50mm lowering kit = same clearance level as standard 2008 F650GS, (maybe +/- a few mm ?)

Back