Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: 2009-10 Electra Glides

  1. #16
    The Blue Max 31310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    266

    No censorship please

    Perhaps model bashing does get old for some folks...As long as comments are directed at objects and not people, I do not want our opinions or participation banned on this forum.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern WV
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post

    Model bashing should be banned period and this site's moderators should take it to heart & ban the practise outright. Anybody & everybody gets one warning and then your history. There are other sites where you can get into bashing if that's your game. This site shouldn't be one of them.
    I just see it more as making light fun.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post

    Model bashing should be banned period and this site's moderators should take it to heart & ban the practise outright. Anybody & everybody gets one warning and then your history. There are other sites where you can get into bashing if that's your game. This site shouldn't be one of them.
    You ought to try hanging out on the Long Distance riders lists or forums. Barely a day goes by that somebody doesn't take a shot at BMW final drives because the failures in the Iron Butt Rally are legion. Some of them accuse us (BMW riders) of "drinking the Koolaid", a thinly veiled reference to Jim Jones, Jonestown, and the mass suicides of faithful followers by cyanide laced Koolaid.

    We of course just continuously point out things like more BMWs have won that rally than any other brand, and that the BMW dominance over the years is stronger in the latter years than the earlier years, and make thoughtful comments like, "maybe an FJR will win the IBR, someday, maybe".

    And I generally sign my posts over there as Koolaid Paul.

    But almost all of the Iron Butt Rally veterans are truly nice people, have proven themselves with more than self-praise, respect each other, and know how to take interbrand joshing with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 05-23-2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  4. #19
    2011 R1200RT ka5ysy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Posts
    875
    Maybe we need to do like politicians these days: Rename the issue.

    "Competition Joshing".


    Politically correct enough for everybody ?


    Pass the salt please....


    Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350, Instructor, Louisiana Dept of Public Safety
    Motorcycle Safety, Awareness & Operator Training Program
    NAUI Instructor #36288, Board Member, Divers Alert Network

  5. #20
    Bluenoser
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    701
    I hear what you are saying Paul but that doesn't mean that we should entertain the practise.

    Opinions are like a--holes. Everybody has one but that doesn't mean that we on this site have to engage in the basing practise.

    It's so easy to bash in the electronic world where folks will say just about anything about everything. They would never speak that that way in person for the obvious reasons.

    I'm just saying that maybe we should set a higher standard. Let the others do what they wish. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    1995 R100Rt with Kenna Sidecar, 1998 VT1100T

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post
    I hear what you are saying Paul but that doesn't mean that we should entertain the practise.

    Opinions are like a--holes. Everybody has one but that doesn't mean that we on this site have to engage in the basing practise.

    It's so easy to bash in the electronic world where folks will say just about anything about everything. They would never speak that that way in person for the obvious reasons.

    I'm just saying that maybe we should set a higher standard. Let the others do what they wish. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    I don't disagree at all. And I said I didn't mean to start a bashing thread. But the oughta be kicked off the list proposal was aimed directly at me. And I gotta say if my little electrolux joke was brand bashing then I gotta go someplace else where feelings are a little bit less sensitive, I guess. So kick away, guys!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  7. #22
    I took the Electroluc as Paul meant it to be, humor. Personally I have a Hoover and don't anyone mix that up with Vancouver. 2010 model of course, self-propelled. You can sure tell this is a bike sight.
    Mo Shaffer
    Maggie valley NC,
    St. George, BM

  8. #23
    Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    986
    B = bitch / bring / brats
    M = moan / my / mit
    W = whine / wallet / wiener schnitzel

    Is it still bashing if the bashed upon marque is the one I ride?

    Now, back to the original issue:

    Quote Originally Posted by 129654 View Post
    Has anyone here ridden an '09 or '10 FLH with the new frame design & suspension tweaks? If so I'd be interested in your thoughts as this may be my next 2-up touring ride.

    Thanks.
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: '85 K100RT, '80 Yamaha XS850, '67 Triumph Bonnie, '66 Honda 90 Scrambler

  9. #24
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post
    Model bashing doesn"t do any good. I see that you apologized later on, but the cat was out of the bag so to speak. Up until then it was a reasonable conversation.

    Model bashing should be banned period and this site's moderators should take it to heart & ban the practise outright. Anybody & everybody gets one warning and then your history. There are other sites where you can get into bashing if that's your game. This site shouldn't be one of them.
    Yeah, that's the ticket. It was a joke. Get over it.

    A joke that's older and no more funny than the countless final drive jokes I've heard since August of 2007.

    If you're going to post one a specific marque's enthusiast site about the merits of another brand you better have your big boys pants on.

    If a former President can't make a joke and then apoligizes for forgetting the smiles leads to a suggestion such as this......

    I'll keep the rest for your imagination.



    Someday when I retire and I don't want to go fast or experience the joy of the twisties I will consider a HD.

    That's not a knock on the marque, only a recognition that way I want to ride is not the way to ride a hog.

    Kinda ironic that the self-titled knickname (hog) doesn't exactly conjure up images of a well performing machine either. Oh well if the name fits.....


  10. #25
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the state of Misery for now.
    Posts
    1,295
    I have yet to ride a motorcycle that did not make me smile.

    That said, I have a friend that rides a Harley. I guess I better be careful, some of our conversations over lunch could get us banned.

    Of course, those conversation only happen after I wait on him for a while.

    We trade bikes, he likes the power of the beemer, says it makes his back hurt. He still smiles though

    I like the sound of the Harley, but not fond of the riding position. I smile too.

    We do agree on the blinkers though. We like.

    Funny thing, we both get on our bikes and smile as we ride. What else matters?

    When I quit smiling, I will quit riding.

    As the Harley ad's say, Screw it, Let's ride! They got that one right!

    Rod

  11. #26
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    I have yet to ride a motorcycle that did not make me smile.

    That said, I have a friend that rides a Harley. I guess I better be careful, some of our conversations over lunch could get us banned.

    Of course, those conversation only happen after I wait on him for a while.

    We trade bikes, he likes the power of the beemer, says it makes his back hurt. He still smiles though

    I like the sound of the Harley, but not fond of the riding position. I smile too.

    We do agree on the blinkers though. We like.

    Funny thing, we both get on our bikes and smile as we ride. What else matters?

    When I quit smiling, I will quit riding.

    As the Harley ad's say, Screw it, Let's ride! They got that one right!

    Rod
    Plus a billion.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by cathdeac View Post
    Happily and forever banned from HD.
    Who cares if you are banned from H.D. The question was the difference between a 09 or 2010 Glide not your standing in the Harley community unless you have a insightful opinion on the Glide please shut up

  13. #28
    On the Road
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bend,or
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Voni had an Electraglide once - Oh wait! - that was an Electrolux. Never mind.
    I bet my Twin Turbo Dyson Ball Vac will out corner your Electrolux!

    Mark

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 109452 View Post
    I bet my Twin Turbo Dyson Ball Vac will out corner your Electrolux!

    Mark
    You're on, at ten paces, in the desert, by the ghost town, at high noon!

    Oh wait - she doesn't have it any more. Never mind.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  15. #30
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the state of Misery for now.
    Posts
    1,295
    Re the difference between the <08 and 09>

    the wallow at speed is gone. The new 96 with the roll the throttle forward heat management works if used in time, if you wait for smoke off your leg it is too late. Get in the habit of rolling the throttle forward at every light, you will like, even if it does sound funky, like a KLR 650 with pipe.

    There are frame improver kits, and report is they work. So if you see a real good deal on older one, that floats your boat, then factor in the cost and installation of the improver. If still a good deal get it.

    The newest engines with the 96 (I do not remember exact figure of if I am wrong, forgive) of displacement are a joy, still have the Harley character but more power everywhere.

    I say get the newest you can afford. If any doubt, rent one, Harley does rentals right, and a few hundred spent to prevent a mistake is well worth it. Why believe a bunch of beemer nuts with opinions when you can rent and form your own opinion.

    Rod
    Last edited by ragtoplvr; 05-24-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: why can I only see mistakes after I post?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •