• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009-10 Electra Glides

I hear what you are saying Paul but that doesn't mean that we should entertain the practise.

Opinions are like a--holes. Everybody has one but that doesn't mean that we on this site have to engage in the basing practise.

It's so easy to bash in the electronic world where folks will say just about anything about everything. They would never speak that that way in person for the obvious reasons.

I'm just saying that maybe we should set a higher standard. Let the others do what they wish. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't disagree at all. And I said I didn't mean to start a bashing thread. But the oughta be kicked off the list proposal was aimed directly at me. And I gotta say if my little electrolux joke was brand bashing then I gotta go someplace else where feelings are a little bit less sensitive, I guess. So kick away, guys!

I took the Electroluc as Paul meant it to be, humor. Personally I have a Hoover and don't anyone mix that up with Vancouver. 2010 model of course, self-propelled. You can sure tell this is a bike sight.

B = bitch / bring / brats
M = moan / my / mit
W = whine / wallet / wiener schnitzel

Is it still bashing if the bashed upon marque is the one I ride?

Now, back to the original issue:

Has anyone here ridden an '09 or '10 FLH with the new frame design & suspension tweaks? If so I'd be interested in your thoughts as this may be my next 2-up touring ride.

Thanks.

Model bashing doesn"t do any good. I see that you apologized later on, but the cat was out of the bag so to speak. Up until then it was a reasonable conversation.

Model bashing should be banned period and this site's moderators should take it to heart & ban the practise outright. Anybody & everybody gets one warning and then your history. There are other sites where you can get into bashing if that's your game. This site shouldn't be one of them.

Yeah, that's the ticket. It was a joke. Get over it.

A joke that's older and no more funny than the countless final drive jokes I've heard since August of 2007.

If you're going to post one a specific marque's enthusiast site about the merits of another brand you better have your big boys pants on.

If a former President can't make a joke and then apoligizes for forgetting the smiles leads to a suggestion such as this......

I'll keep the rest for your imagination.

:german

Someday when I retire and I don't want to go fast or experience the joy of the twisties I will consider a HD.

That's not a knock on the marque, only a recognition that way I want to ride is not the way to ride a hog.

Kinda ironic that the self-titled knickname (hog) doesn't exactly conjure up images of a well performing machine either. Oh well if the name fits..... :whistle

:laugh

I have yet to ride a motorcycle that did not make me smile.

That said, I have a friend that rides a Harley. I guess I better be careful, some of our conversations over lunch could get us banned.

Of course, those conversation only happen after I wait on him for a while.:dance

We trade bikes, he likes the power of the beemer, says it makes his back hurt. He still smiles though

I like the sound of the Harley, but not fond of the riding position. I smile too.

We do agree on the blinkers though. We like.

Funny thing, we both get on our bikes and smile as we ride. What else matters?

When I quit smiling, I will quit riding.

As the Harley ad's say, Screw it, Let's ride! They got that one right!

Rod

I have yet to ride a motorcycle that did not make me smile.

That said, I have a friend that rides a Harley. I guess I better be careful, some of our conversations over lunch could get us banned.

Of course, those conversation only happen after I wait on him for a while.:dance

We trade bikes, he likes the power of the beemer, says it makes his back hurt. He still smiles though

I like the sound of the Harley, but not fond of the riding position. I smile too.

We do agree on the blinkers though. We like.

Funny thing, we both get on our bikes and smile as we ride. What else matters?

When I quit smiling, I will quit riding.

As the Harley ad's say, Screw it, Let's ride! They got that one right!

Rod

Plus a billion.

Re the difference between the <08 and 09>

the wallow at speed is gone. The new 96 with the roll the throttle forward heat management works if used in time, if you wait for smoke off your leg it is too late. Get in the habit of rolling the throttle forward at every light, you will like, even if it does sound funky, like a KLR 650 with pipe.

There are frame improver kits, and report is they work. So if you see a real good deal on older one, that floats your boat, then factor in the cost and installation of the improver. If still a good deal get it.

The newest engines with the 96 (I do not remember exact figure of if I am wrong, forgive) of displacement are a joy, still have the Harley character but more power everywhere.

I say get the newest you can afford. If any doubt, rent one, Harley does rentals right, and a few hundred spent to prevent a mistake is well worth it. Why believe a bunch of beemer nuts with opinions when you can rent and form your own opinion.

Rod

Last edited:
...... The new 96 with the roll the throttle forward heat management works if used in time, if you wait for smoke off your leg it is too late. Get in the habit of rolling the throttle forward at every light, you will like, even if it does sound funky, like a KLR 650 with pipe.

Rod

Actually you only have to roll the throttle forward to change the setting once, then that setting remains. If you ever roll it forward again, you've turned the heat management back off.

Amazing what you miss on a short ride once in a great while. That would make sense. I still think the heat management is a good idea though.

Rod

setting heat control

that explains it better than the salesman at the HD dealer in Birmingham.
My son on his Road Glide rode with my brother and another old man and me to Barber Motorcycle museum last weekend. I think that would make me want another HD again. Dennis never complains about heat, but then his RG doesn't have lowers.

As far as bashing goes,
It only gets old when the basher takes it seriously. Otherwise it is just fun fun!
I can't understand anyone flaming Paul Glaves as much as he comtributes to MOA.

Bashing kind of reminds me of Aggie jokes.
90% originate in College Station you know!

same on a Buell?

Actually you only have to roll the throttle forward to change the setting once, then that setting remains. If you ever roll it forward again, you've turned the heat management back off.

I need to see if that also works on a Buell. I have a 09 BMW 650GS here in Eugene, but I go to Milwaukee a lot for work and have an 09 Buell Ulysses there, and I love that bike but man it generates some heat. I call it "Planters" because it....well roasts my nuts.

My vacuum cleaner sucks!

Oops sorry...that was not an 'insightful opinion on the Glide', so I guess I'd better 'shut-up'.
Some people are WAY too sensitive.
I rode a GS/PD for 17yrs. If I was offended each time someone called it ugly, I would certainly have required therapy.
have a good day

Back