Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2009-10 Electra Glides

Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    ...... The new 96 with the roll the throttle forward heat management works if used in time, if you wait for smoke off your leg it is too late. Get in the habit of rolling the throttle forward at every light, you will like, even if it does sound funky, like a KLR 650 with pipe.

Rod
    Actually you only have to roll the throttle forward to change the setting once, then that setting remains. If you ever roll it forward again, you've turned the heat management back off.

Amazing what you miss on a short ride once in a great while. That would make sense. I still think the heat management is a good idea though.

Rod

P Monk

setting heat control

that explains it better than the salesman at the HD dealer in Birmingham.
    My son on his Road Glide rode with my brother and another old man and me to Barber Motorcycle museum last weekend. I think that would make me want another HD again. Dennis never complains about heat, but then his RG doesn't have lowers.

As far as bashing goes,
    It only gets old when the basher takes it seriously. Otherwise it is just fun fun!
    I can't understand anyone flaming Paul Glaves as much as he comtributes to MOA.

Bashing kind of reminds me of Aggie jokes.
    90% originate in College Station you know!
    P. Monk
    74 R90/6 (the Black Hole) Harvey couldn't kill it. . 09 R1200 GS, drowned in Harvey replaced by 2011 R1200RT. Wife, 1953 model survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I should have used a smiley. I didn't want to start bashing anything or anybody. Sorry.
    I laughed too. Thanks.
    VegasRob

09 F650GS, 08 Suzuki Band

same on a Buell?

Quote Originally Posted by ridewv View Post
    Actually you only have to roll the throttle forward to change the setting once, then that setting remains. If you ever roll it forward again, you've turned the heat management back off.
    I need to see if that also works on a Buell. I have a 09 BMW 650GS here in Eugene, but I go to Milwaukee a lot for work and have an 09 Buell Ulysses there, and I love that bike but man it generates some heat. I call it "Planters" because it....well roasts my nuts.

You have never vacuumed until you have handled an Oreck.

angysdad
    My vacuum cleaner sucks!

Oops sorry...that was not an 'insightful opinion on the Glide', so I guess I'd better 'shut-up'.
    Some people are WAY too sensitive.
    I rode a GS/PD for 17yrs. If I was offended each time someone called it ugly, I would certainly have required therapy.
    have a good day