• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Loading an R11RS

xp8103

My RS came with a Corbin seat where the pillion backrest folds down when not in use. Most of the time, a slick look. My son finds the seat comfortable. However, the stock rear "rack" where a top case might mount is woefully inadequate for loading and tying down ANYTHING. The RS has no good strapping places.

Anyone got some good picks of a loaded RS?

This is about the best shot I could find of mine. I use web straps to secure my H2W bags on. I bundle the clothing bag, the tent and my kermit chair together with a couple of straps first, then secure the bundle on the rear seat with cinch straps. I have a looped strap that I thread under the framework under the seat so that the ends protrude on either side of the rear seat, then the straps loop through that at the front of the bundle and around the rack framework at the back of the bundle. The sleeping bag and air pad are strapped onto the rear rack with the straps fed through the slots in the rack.

may%202009%20trip%20004-sm2.jpg

Rs!!00

Here is my R11RS loaded for last week's Ozarks trip. This bike has the BMW seat. I remove the pillon, place two straps underneath it inside the two attachment points at the front of the pillon and pass them through the two slots in the "grab handle" behind the pillon. Lock in the pillon and load the tent and dry bag. (blue ends) Attach the straps tightly around these and then place the mattress on top of the tent and dry bag. With two more straps, attach it tightly. I then use 24" bungee straps on either side to keep the whole load from wobbling. They go from the passenger peg mounts over the top of the load and attach to the "grab rail".
My other RS has the same corbin seat that you have. To load it I raise the back, pass the straps through the rail slots, go under the back rest, cross and then go back over the tent and dry bag. I them place the mattress behind the backrest and attach it tightly to the tent and dry bag as before and then use the bungee straps. I rode the Rockies with it last spring.
I hope this helps.
Lee
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif gpx jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zipP1010020.JPG

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 67
I have the same type Corbin seat as described by the OP on my R1100RS. I also have the rear rack and am able to pack quite a lot of stuff. Shown in the photos below is my bike loaded up with camping gear. I like to keep the saddlebags accessible even with the bike packed. I am using H2W bags.

rs_packed_rear.jpg

rs_packed_rtsd.jpg

Back