• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo 660 mount on KGT

Overkill

When my last GPS died I had trouble finding the right mounting combination for my new zumo 660. I settled on a bracket I made attached to a gadget guy mount attached to a touratech mount. This put it in the right position for me and gave me the ability to keep it locked along with vibration protection. With this set up I am also able to adjust the angle of the screen. I hope my idea may help someone else with the same problem

zumo5.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/Overkilltheoriginal/zumo3.jpg

zumo2.jpg

zumo3.jpg

Here you go!

zumo9.jpg

zumo8.jpg

zumo10.jpg

I am not very impressed with the touratech mount. The locking mechanism is cheezy and not nearly as good as the old one on my 2610. I guess it looks like it is strong which would help deter someone, but I think you could rip it open pretty easy!

Thanks for the additonal pictures.

Question on the Gadget Guy mount - I have one too, but mine connects across the handle bars, where as youes appears to come up from the bottom and then it is attached, was this another modification or did you have Genna make the mod for you/

I believe it is two of his mounts. I don't rember the part numbers because I have had it for a couple years. It used to hold my Garmin 2610 and then I just changed it around for the 660. I also have the mount that goes between the handle bars but I liked this better. In order to use this I had to build a bracket to mount it to though. I am pretty sure you can get almost the exact same result with the Ztechnic mount and a lot less work and $, but I already had this so.... I

Back