• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vendor Performance

mneblett

I just had a really bad experience with Kisan, CycleGadgets, and Paypal over a purchase of a Headlight modulator P115-AW-Z for my R1200RT. I purchased it from CycleGadgets.com where I have purchased things in the past.

When I got the modulator it did not work, I received a RA from CycleGadgets and sent it back. They credited me less shipping handling and 15% restocking fee. For a defective unit! I was not happy about this so they said to contact Kisan. I have sent messages to Kisan and they never respond.

So I filed a claim with PayPal and Cyclegadgets responded to them that I returned because I changed my mind, returned with out getting an RA and so too bad. All of that from Cyclgadets is false. I have written proof of emails and date and time stamped receipts from UPS.

Paypal will do nothing because they can only protect if "something was not sent". Cyclegadgets is misrepresenting the facts, and Kisan does not respond. So, I am out about $27 for a defective headlight modulator!

I recommend not doing business with Cyclegadgets.com as they will lie to protect their deceptive business practices. Kisan will not even grant the courtesy of a response. PayPal does not protect the buyer other than to be sure something was shipped to the PayPal customer.

I am fairly angry at this situation but am being stonewalled.

:lurk

Well, this should be interesting. This is the first time I recall anyone ever saying anything bad about the folks at CycleGadgets. I'd like to hear the other side of the story ...

I could second the comment about bad experiences with this thing. Baasically, the connector is a kludge that does not match the bike though it can be jammed to fit.
My opinion of the mentioned vendor is not printable and I will never do busienss with them again. The moronic female on the phone eanted me to call Kisan and work out their defective design with them- to which I said, politely, "get lost, it coming back to you because you sold it."

Save yourself the grief and fit your bike with a set of Skeene Photon Blasters.

Tell me what I should think:

In the sellers (Cyclegadgets.com) recent response they state 2 things as follows:

1) The return authorization listed "changed mind" as the reason for return. On May 1, 2010 9:31:34 PM CDT I wrote "Please authorize a return for the item from the order above. SKU #KIS-P115W-A6-Z.I installed the item and can not get it to work." in an email.

2) They (Cyclegadgets.com) state: Unit was returned to us prior to receiving a Return authorization. RA was created after customer told us package was en route to us.On May 3, 2010 1:11:38 PM CDT a return authorization number was sent to me. Further I have a USPS tracking number 9102148008600767286818 and receipt showing this was sent on May 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM. This is after the RA number was received.

So clearly the position they state is not accurate. I received a defective unit, asked for return, received proper RA and am not being credited with the full price of the defective item they sent. Now they are being larcenous in their response. Please have them respect the customer and refund the additional $27.48 which they owe me.

PS: I have full documentation if required.

If that is all there is to it, you have them dead to rights.

I'd really like to see them come online here to respond -- else I suspect this will keep a number of potential customers from entering virtual "store."

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only tell you my side unfortunately but perhaps they look around on here and will comment The last email I sent to them has gone with no reply.

I just had a really bad experience with Kisan, CycleGadgets, and Paypal over a purchase of a Headlight modulator P115-AW-Z for my R1200RT. I purchased it from CycleGadgets.com where I have purchased things in the past.

When I got the modulator it did not work, I received a RA from CycleGadgets and sent it back. They credited me less shipping handling and 15% restocking fee. For a defective unit! I was not happy about this so they said to contact Kisan. I have sent messages to Kisan and they never respond.

So I filed a claim with PayPal and Cyclegadgets responded to them that I returned because I changed my mind, returned with out getting an RA and so too bad. All of that from Cyclgadets is false. I have written proof of emails and date and time stamped receipts from UPS.

Paypal will do nothing because they can only protect if "something was not sent". Cyclegadgets is misrepresenting the facts, and Kisan does not respond. So, I am out about $27 for a defective headlight modulator!

I recommend not doing business with Cyclegadgets.com as they will lie to protect their deceptive business practices. Kisan will not even grant the courtesy of a response. PayPal does not protect the buyer other than to be sure something was shipped to the PayPal customer.

I am fairly angry at this situation but am being stonewalled.

Did you use your credit card via Paypal? If so just file your dispute with the credit card company. I have to do that before and it worked great. I always use a credit card when using Paypal just for that reason.

Well, in spite of my calling Cyclegadgets.com they still have not favored me with a reply.

Is this customer service?

I am very pleased to report new developments.

Cyclegadgets has made contact with Kisan and has refunded the balance of the monies except shipping. I applaud them for this resolution. Thanks to the owners for their consideration.

One general comment - not directed at anyone - but a general suggestion.

Don't rely on email when it's serious. Pick up the phone and call. There is no guarantee of delivery on email, and indeed - lots is never delivered, or delayed.

With a phone call you can usually get an RMA while you wait, and know the issue has been seen.

Many vendors - despite being net-savy - are not that great at reading their email in a timely manner. They usually will answer the phone when it rings.

Another upshot - the defective "didn't want" unit likely has now been sent to someone else.

As to email versus phone call, I agree a call is typically handled quicker. However, calls are also misconstrued, intentionally or not. The problem here is you do not know the caliber of people you are dealing with. The beauty of the email is it gives a precise record of the communication, date stamped. For this reason, if you are dealing with people you do not know, the email is better. Unfortunately, it is safer to presume the other party may be business challenged, until they prove otherwise. If for some reason I am forced to deal with someone who has ever played any "phone games", I use email. Only. Cuts out a lot of needless nonsense.

Another upshot - the defective "didn't want" unit likely has now been sent to someone else.

As to email versus phone call, I agree a call is typically handled quicker. However, calls are also misconstrued, intentionally or not. The problem here is you do not know the caliber of people you are dealing with. The beauty of the email is it gives a precise record of the communication, date stamped. For this reason, if you are dealing with people you do not know, the email is better. Unfortunately, it is safer to presume the other party may be business challenged, until they prove otherwise. If for some reason I am forced to deal with someone who has ever played any "phone games", I use email. Only. Cuts out a lot of needless nonsense.

Well, in the case of the business at hand, I do know the caliber of the people I would be dealing with. Laurene and Sean Franklin are first class, top notch, honest, hard working folks who have served us (motorcyclists in general and BMW riders in particular) well for years and who are probably having a hard time making ends meet in this stinking economy.

Anybody can have one bad experience with even the best business due to misunderstanding, incomplete communication, or somebody just plain making a mistake. As I fully expected when this thread started, things seem to have been made as right as they should be once folks actually sorted it out.

Back