• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway 36 between 101 an I-5

RCHARVEY6712

California: Highway 36 between US101 and Interstate 5. Redwood Country...

Attachments

• Hiway 36c.jpg
    Hiway 36c.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 309
SSSSHHHHH!!!! Don't tell anyone about the best darn 3 hour road in the country. Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to Fortuna CA has it all. Tight curves, gentle fast sweepers, two summits, then the cooling breezes of fog and redwoods.

SSSSHHHHH!!!! Don't tell anyone about the best darn 3 hour road in the country. Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to Fortuna CA has it all. Tight curves, gentle fast sweepers, two summits, then the cooling breezes of fog and redwoods.

+1! Living just 15 minutes from 36 (about half way between Red Bluff and the coast), I end up only doing each half of the ride at a time. Fantastic ride, no (as close to no as you can get) traffic and amazing vistas!

Someone had suggested it on this site last year for when I took a trip that way! If I would have had more time, I would have done it both ways!! Beautiful road!

Last edited:
A view of the snow covered Trinity Alps from Hwy 36 taken at a high point between Wildwood Road and Hwy 3.

Attachments

• hwy36_alpsview_2011.72.jpg
    hwy36_alpsview_2011.72.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 139
Should have put this pic with my post!

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 136
Been there, Done That. Defineately one of my motorcycling highlights.

Thanks for the memory refresher.

Rick

Hwy 36

This is a great ride! Going to go from Fortuna to Red Bluff this time! Good thing I can go back and watch the video from last year.

Was on my list to ride last week...woke up to rain in Trinidad and heavy cloud cover over in that direction, went to my daughters in Redondo after the rain cleared north of SanFran...Next time!!

Back