• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lolo Pass-Hwy 12 Intel needed

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member

Headed to my Park Ranger nieces wedding in Glacier in a few weeks and planned on swinging down thru Idaho after Missoula,MT thru Lolo Pass on the long way home...road construction again this year? May cut off midway ont UT 13 to US 95 then UT 21 towards Twin Falls. Any info would be appreciated!

Being in that part of the country I would not pass up a chance to ride from Missoula to Lewiston on US 12. You've seen the signs in a number of magazines over the years, "curves next 78 miles".......the ride along the river is one to never be forgotten.

When I lived in Richland, Washington a few years ago I used to get up real early on a Saturday morning and ride to Lewiston for breakfast, on to Missoula and then Post Falls for lunch and a stop at the BMW dealer there, and then blast back on I90 and US 395....a few hundred miles of great riding thru the Palouse of eastern Washington and mountains of Idaho. I90 thru the mountains of Montana and Idaho from Missoula to Coeur D'Alene is one of the best interstate rides in the country....at least in my opinion. A long circle, but an excellent ride.

Long Distance Rider

Rode it Tuesday the 22nd...from Lolo MT to MT 13 ( another sweet road) to MT 21.
US12 was in great shape and NO traffic at 8 in the AM until we got close to Lowell. One Deputy gave me a friendly finger wag no-no as I had just passed the 55 zone into the 45 right past the pass visitor center which was closed. I eased up a bit...kinda...Pavement in excellent condition andthe river all along the route is stunning!

our pic...

Attachments

• P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 94
Rt 12 is an extreamly great ride! Did that route on one of our cross country trips. There are also many, easy to find with small hikes with natural springs which were not bad after 3000 miles.. lol

enjoy ride, safe riding

Ron
GSA/09

The paved road is glorious. I've seldom seen it so SMOOTH!

We rode it early and there was almost no one there.

Voni
sMiling

It's freakin' SNOWED IN...Visian

Ian:

Suggest you check again with the Interpretive Centre or the local Ranger, just before you go through. The back country snow cover is really variable, this time of year. With a couple of hot days, it could clear right out.

That looks like an interesting ride. Good luck.

Back