• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

East Tenn. shop?

A

anick568

I live in upper East Tennessee and my GS1200 is due for service. Does anybody know of any good shops or mechanics in this area. I have found one in Knoxville but they are pretty backed up.

There is a new one in Chattanooga (Pandora's) but that is a bit far for you.

I live in the far Southwestern part of Va and we have to be close to each other. I do my own servicing but 2 of my friends take theirs to the dealer in Greensboro (since BMW of Lynchburg-formerly Hammersley-is going out of business). If you find a good place closer, please let us know.

Ken

Depending on what you're looking for, there is an independent BMW mechanic in the Knoxville area named "Crow".

He's been wrenching on BMW motorcycles since at least the early '80s where he was the shop tech for the Knoxville BMW dealer.

I don't have his contact info but I'm sure that if you contacted the BMW Riders of Knoxville club, someone would know how to reach him.

I live in upper East Tennessee and my GS1200 is due for service. Does anybody know of any good shops or mechanics in this area. I have found one in Knoxville but they are pretty backed up.

I assume you are talking about Destination Cycles in West Knoxville/Farragut? I've used them and they are great to work with. If this is the one you are referring to, then I have two independents in the Asheville area you may want to consider.

Depending on what you're looking for, there is an independent BMW mechanic in the Knoxville area named "Crow".

He's been wrenching on BMW motorcycles since at least the early '80s where he was the shop tech for the Knoxville BMW dealer.

I don't have his contact info but I'm sure that if you contacted the BMW Riders of Knoxville club, someone would know how to reach him.

I am pretty sure Crow is at Red Barn Beemers now, small shop on Middlebrook Pike. I haven't been there but I'm almost positive that's what I've heard around the campfire. While I haven't used him, I too have heard good things.

Give this a shot--no promises:

Name: Red Barn Beemers
Street: 9528 Middlebrook Pike
Knoxville, tn 37931-4707
Phone: (865) 470-9266

I live in the far Southwestern part of Va and we have to be close to each other. I do my own servicing but 2 of my friends take theirs to the dealer in Greensboro (since BMW of Lynchburg-formerly Hammersley-is going out of business). If you find a good place closer, please let us know.

Ken

There is a dealer in Knoxville but they are always backed up. Somebody mentioned that Asheville had a service center but I have had no luck in finding it. I think I'm going to try a local and see how he is. I appreciate the feedback though.

Back