Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is going to bike nite

bob1100rtc
    When I go to bike nite it's at a restaurant/bar. I get there early for the drink specials.

Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    Jeez, do they have to be "sweet" and "young"!!!!
    Alcohol has been making women younger and prettier for years.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

You're single. Go check out the bikes and the single women.

First thing you must understand about me is... any Lady 57 or younger is considered a sweet young thing. LOL
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

Cool

I have been street riding since I was a teenage punk, so someone who has issues with this activity has issues with me. But if there is a learning curve for her, i have found working that curve is rewarding for both parties - which is how most things should be. I have successfulloy "converted" ladies, both those who had the mindless fear, and those who had been ruined by showoffs, or bikes which beat them to death.

You have to figure out if it is jealosy, or fear of the unknown, or just domineering behavior. IMHO latter is most likely, on average, if she is over 35. Once you figure this out, you will know what to do. In the meantime get her to go any way you can.

HODAG
    I do bike nights
    she does scrap booking nights

I suppose it's because the relationship is fairly new, but she sounds pretty insecure. Since she has no interest in motorcycles, then it seems that you should be able to indulge yourself in a bike night without suspicion.

My wife has no interest in riding with me, and for the most part, doesn't really like the fact that I commute on motorcycle. She also doesn't like firearms, but I go out trap shooting with my work mates on a weekly basis. These are things that I do, that I enjoy. My wife understands. I think Hodag gave a great example, I do my thing, wife does her thing, it doesn't mean that we always have to share in each other's activities.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

rocketman

somehow I don't "old" and "sour" would have the same appeal, but that's just me!

RM

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    somehow I don't "old" and "sour" would have the same appeal, but that's just me!

RM
    Now, that is funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    I suppose it's because the relationship is fairly new, but she sounds pretty insecure. Since she has no interest in motorcycles, then it seems that you should be able to indulge yourself in a bike night without suspicion.

My wife has no interest in riding with me, and for the most part, doesn't really like the fact that I commute on motorcycle. She also doesn't like firearms, but I go out trap shooting with my work mates on a weekly basis. These are things that I do, that I enjoy. My wife understands. I think Hodag gave a great example, I do my thing, wife does her thing, it doesn't mean that we always have to share in each other's activities.
    +1 Been married 44years come July 3rd. We must be doing something right (like Braddog). Ride Safe

Ya know what, Mike? I think this is something that will take some time for her to come to terms with. Regardless of age, both people in a couple have insecurities at the beginning of the relationship. As time passes and they get to know each other better, the insecurities will tend to disappear. At least they should.

I've been married to my second wife for 13 years now. She knows I look at other women. She also knows that's all I do. I will even comment on the relative attactiveness of somebody I see. I usually get the response, "You're such a guy." from her. Then we chuckle and carry on with our day.

Window shopping is OK. Sampling is not. If you are as new to this relationship as I think you are, you might want to keep the window shopping to a minimum until you have both proven your trustworthiness.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ǣIf you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular! http://www.yearroundriders.com

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagazoo View Post
    Ya know what, Mike? I think this is something that will take some time for her to come to terms with. Regardless of age, both people in a couple have insecurities at the beginning of the relationship. As time passes and they get to know each other better, the insecurities will tend to disappear. At least they should.
    Yeah; Bubba's right. Give her some time alone. Maybe you could go to Bike Night ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    I do bike nights
    she does scrap booking nights
    May the good Lord have mercy on your soul.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

motorcycle cowboy roostershooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagazoo View Post

I've been married to my second wife for 13 years now. She knows I look at other women. She also knows that's all I do. I will even comment on the relative attactiveness of somebody I see. I usually get the response, "You're such a guy." from her. Then we chuckle and carry on with our day.

Window shopping is OK. Sampling is not. If you are as new to this relationship as I think you are, you might want to keep the window shopping to a minimum until you have both proven your trustworthiness.
    Sounds reasonable Bubba, but I really wasn't window shopping. Just wanted to hang out and look at bikes and see some old friends. But, I understand what you're saying.
    2013 Goldwing

angysdad
    Mike...
    each time you go, invite her. If she prefers to stay at home and be jealous, so be it. Let her know each time that she is welcome to join you. She will likely decide on her own to come along one day, and see taht she has been worrying for nothing. If she dicides to stay at home, ok, but you go.
    My wife and I have more different interests than common ones. She rides with me occasionally. I am still on bikes partly because of her. When the kids came along, she was the one encouraging me to stick with it. She understands the difference between a 'past-time' and a 'passion'.
    good luck and good day