• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is going to bike nite

roostershooter

motorcycle cowboy
The same as going to a bar? I say no. My girlfriend and I are having a disagreement about going to bike nite. She thinks it's the same as going to a bar. For the record, before we met she had no connection with motorcycles. I, like others, dig bikes and want to hang out with other like minded individuals. She thinks I'm going there to meet girls. Of course there are single girls there but I think it comes down to her being insecure in our relationship. I have told her I don't go to meet other women but apparently she doesn't believe me. Care to weigh in?

Last edited:
Find a new girlfriend who either: 1/ is secure enough in herself that she can let you have some fun.....or 2/ loves riding and going to bike nite as much as you (why can't your current girlfriend be one of the single women there?) Jealousy is a relationship killer..........sooner than later is my advice.

Your girl friend and my wife must be cut from the same cloth. I hear the same thing and I pretty much feel the same way as you.

Doesn't matter if it's a bar or not...order ice tea, or amber O'Doules. It's a good place to educate yourself and her on different motorcycles and motorcycle technology in general.

Jealous women are a PITA. Bike night is well... Bike Night... You are going to hang out with some guys & check out bikes... Show yours off, whatever... I'm not seeing it as a pick-up joint... That's what the supermarket is for ;)

It's only a night! It's not like your asking her to go to Sturgis for a week. I agree with the previous poster, I would start looking for someone else to share my time with.

2BikeMike,

Here's a woman's point of view - should you be looking for one.

I see where you are 53, possibly the gf is 40 something. Insecurity reins. There is always someone prettier, thinner, smarter, etc., to take you away, taking into account her life experiences. This is something you can't fix for her.

If you want this to work, include her. Take her. Show her. Let her see that the majority of participants are men or men with partners. On both ends, men being the majority, it's not a pickup opportunity for women either. It's a group of people who share the same interest in bikes.

Someone once said to me, "I'm going to do this with you or without you." With the idea that I would be the one sitting home, I was signed up for the MSF class shortly after that statement.

Your effort depends on how seriously you want to remain a couple.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Mike: I have to agree with Sudani, if you want the relationship to work, find some way to include her in your activities. She is, in all likelihood more then a bit insecure, and is afraid that you could be thinking about trading her in for a "newer model". If you really care for her try to get her to go along. If you don't, why worry about it? A relationship isn't about fifty/fifty giving. It's about YOU giving everything you got to make the relationship work, and not worrying about if your girlfriend does the same. Good luck, Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Twobikemike,

We have "bike nite" every other Tuesday. We always meet at a Resturant that has a bar. that way if someone wants a drink they can have one. this all started as a guy thing, then the girlfriends and wifes started showing up. now we all have a great time. we even do a 50/50 and besides the money the winner gets to pick where we meet next. If your girlfriend isn't into Motorcycles and everything that goes with it...lose her. there are plenty of sweet young things out there that would love to hang out with you and your Biker friends.

Here's My Advice

Learned the hard way........

Do not offer advice when it comes to matters romantic.

You are on your own, buddy.... Good Luck!!!

I have enjoyed reading your responses, some were quite funny. Vick is not interested in bikes and that's ok. Our relationship is quite young and still in the getting to know each other stage. Looks like we are indeed getting to know one another. Thanks for weighing in. Oh, and to those of you who said it's a two way street, I agree and fully understand that. That's why I'm divorced.

When I go to bike nite it's at a restaurant/bar. I get there early for the drink specials.

I have been street riding since I was a teenage punk, so someone who has issues with this activity has issues with me. But if there is a learning curve for her, i have found working that curve is rewarding for both parties - which is how most things should be. I have successfulloy "converted" ladies, both those who had the mindless fear, and those who had been ruined by showoffs, or bikes which beat them to death.

You have to figure out if it is jealosy, or fear of the unknown, or just domineering behavior. IMHO latter is most likely, on average, if she is over 35. Once you figure this out, you will know what to do. In the meantime get her to go any way you can.

Back