• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Rentals in or around Memphis....

vectorprime27

I'm hoping someone from this area can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a dealer in or around Memphis (can be as much as 300 miles away) that rents BMW's....preferrably a K1200LT/GT, K1300GT, or RT1200.....although I won't be too picky.

Each year the wife and I fly up to Memphis in the fall to ride over to Heber Springs to visit and ride with a friend and his wife. We then spend 3 or 4 days riding some really great roads all over Arkansas (check out the current issue of Road Runner).

The past two years I've rented an Ultra Classic from Bumpus Harley, but after the way I was treated last year I'll not deal with them ever again (email me if you want the details....the GM is VERY dishonest)....not to mention that I can only just barely stand riding around on a noisey, hot, and vibrating motorcycle. I thought about making the ride up from Orlando on my LT, but my wife can't get the extra time we'd need to ride up and back. Besides, after riding 950 miles each way up and back, I don't know how much riding I'd be up for while there. Hence my problem.

Hopefully, someone in the area can point me in the right direction. I currently ride a BMW LT1200, so I'm comfortable on a big bike. Any suggestions are appreciated. :bow:bow:bow

I just posted a similar entry regarding a dealer in the area--there is one and it aint much. I saw no sign of rentals and I probably wouldn't want to rent what they might have.

I recieved several recommendations for Grass Roots BMW in Cape Girardeau (sp?), MO. They have a pretty good website:

www.grassrootsbmw.com

Perhaps someone there might be able to help you out or point you in the right direction?

Good luck.

JEP

Back