• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need SoCal info.

Midnight Rider
Flying into Santa Ana next week for wife's medical treatment and could use some guidance on inexpensive yet good places to eat and free places to visit.
Her lung cancer (non-smoker) prohibits a lot of walking but we will have a lot of time waiting for approval for a new drug study. Without going into a lot of detail we will have a full day wed the 19 free of Doctors so... What are must see places along PCH, who has good food (veggie options a plus) close to UCI Medical Center in Orange, Disneyland not a desired destination. We are on a very tight budget.
Thank you for your suggestions.
This has been a three year battle and I'd like this trip to be pleasantly memorable.

Palomar Observatory is a great drive:)

Its within reach and a m/c mecca road(up the Palomar mountain) there and back. I know you're driving, but still a nice road trip, a few hours total time if you're in a hurry. Most of the day otherwise. South from Santa Ana a little ways to 78 East, through some nice CA. country. Temecula Old Town has some nice places and Julian is another cool town in the mountains, all around Palomar. Research your map and best regards to you and your wife. You won't forget this drive, if you take it, Happy Trails, Randy:thumb:usa

Thanks, sounds like some place we would like to go. We lived on the edge of civilization in Oregon for several years and prefer rural to urban. I'll spend some time with google maps as I'm analog (at least when mobile) in a digital world. May file a ride report.

I worked at UCI Med Center about 20 years ago....it's grown tremendously since then. UCI is a stone's throw from Angel stadium if you're inclined to see a game. In the Orange hills off chapman is Irvine Regional Park. Old Orange (Chapman and Main) is a historic area in a circle. Right on the circle is a little Cuban restaurant which is excellent. There's a lot of really good restaurants in that area (also close to Chapman University).

The beach is always relaxing, Laguna is a place you can hang out for a day on PCH.

I wish you and your wife the best.

Thanks, we are going to try to hang pretty close to the med center. We may get run off the beach for having Oregon pasty white legs but we will take our chances. We will have to find Wahoo's for fish tacos and try a In n Out Burger. What else should be on our list?

Back