Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pennsylvania Liquor Laws

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me what a big deal we make of alcohol in this country. Such an immature culture are we.
    When I was in Germany, I was told that one town would not let McDonalds open a restaurant until they finally agreed to sell beer. Yea, baby!!!

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    One of the coolest MC dealers I have been in Is in Thun Switzerland, and they have a Cafe/Bar on premises, with a nice patio so you can relax and enjoy your favorite beverage.

Here is a Google Street view of the place, note the sculpture on the roof.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=f...12,189.54,,0,5

Perfect for motorcycle riders.

ATBATT: All the beer, all the time!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    In New Hampshire the state owns the liquor stores and are the only ones that sell "hard" liquor. They sell wine also, but not beer.
    Beer and wine is found anywhere: grocery store, KMart, 7-11...
    And where are many of the NH State liquor stores...on the interstate highway...of course.

Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

The most liberal drinking environment I ever found myself in was the Canadian Military. I attended the Canadian Command and General Staff College in Toronto. On our first day of the course my small group of 10 officers sat around a table introducing ourselves at 8 in the morning. As the first person was speaking the staff member in charge of our group (a Brit RAF Wing Commander) reached into his tunic and pulled out a pint of Scotch, poured a bit in his coffee and passed it to an adjacent student. Had this happened at the US Army equivalent course, careers would have ended; in Toronto it was a daily practice throughout the year.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Perfect for motorcycle riders.

ATBATT: All the beer, all the time!
    I did not partake myself,at least until I was in for the night, but it is quite common to see riders enjoying a beer or wine with lunch.

But I don't think I ever saw riders just sitting at a bar and drinking drink after drink like you do here. They seem to have a different attitude toward drinking as part of a meal, like we do with soda or coffee here. Maybe because the beer has taste, not just fizzy alcohol, or their tendency to not drink a lot of beverages in general, one drink seems to satisfy them.

Or maybe the fact that they know the consequences of driving/riding drunk are severe, monetarily AND loss of driving privilege, so they are more careful about it.

MAYLETT
    Buying anything but 3.2 beer in Utah means a trip to the expensive state-owned liquor stores. Firecrackers and other contraband just aren't available, so lots of people stock up while visiting the surrounding states. This gives rise to some interesting specialty stores just over the state borders, like the one below in Evanston, Wyoming.

Liquor and explosives — yeah, what a great combination.

A year or two ago, one of these stores caught fire, and from what I hear, it was a pretty good show. The fire department just cleared the area and watched it burn from a safe distance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

criminaldesign
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Granite doesn't work for PGH. To be poetically correct, you'll have to use soft coal, coke or limestone. On second thought, use fists of steel and something else. Perhaps, work in a reference to a blast furnace........
    Slag?

And then there is New Hampshire where the state runs a couple of enormous liquor stores in highway rest areas. I dunno why they don't sell firecrackers as well. Get the out-of-staters all fired up and then send them home...

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    Washington State...
    Beer/wine is in grocery stores...
    The State runs sales of Hard Liquor.
    Therefore the agency that provides it will also bust you for it's "use".
    After leaving NY I felt this is kinda weird.
    http://liq.wa.gov/
    Wow... This just in.

Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    ... but it is quite common to see riders enjoying a beer or wine with lunch.

But I don't think I ever saw riders just sitting at a bar and drinking drink after drink like you do here. They seem to have a different attitude toward drinking as part of a meal, like we do with soda or coffee here. Maybe because the beer has taste, not just fizzy alcohol...
    Not to mention that in much of Europe restaurant soda is served in smaller quantities and higher prices than beer. And don't get me started on the bottled water scam!
    "Singing Hitlers on my left, dancing Hitlers on my right!" -- Mel Brooks
    "You're only as old as the woman you feel." -- Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by drharveys View Post
    ............ And don't get me started on the bottled water scam!
    Just ask for Leitung wasser (Tap Water).