• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sidestand foot enlarger '10 R1200GSA Low version

RogerA

Continually Confused
Hi
Does anyone know of a sidestand foot enlarger to fit a 2010 R1200GS LOW version?
Every one I have seen advertised specifically excluded the factory low model. I promised to buy one for my wife and now I can;t find one that works on her bike :banghead
Help would be appreciated.

Roger

I made a larger foot out of a piece of plastic cutting board, about 3/8 of an inch thick.

Trace the current foot onto a peice of cardboard, enlarge it by 3/8 - 1/2 inch and cut one out of the plastic.

Tape it onto the side stand and see if it clears all the other stuff when you put the stand up.

I had to mount mine slightly off center to clear the center stand but it still works great. You may even have to change the shape slightly.

Once you have clearence drill 3 holes in the foot and bolt it on.

Total cost, about 3 bucks.

jason

I'm not sure why the low GS version would be excluded. With a little work on the part, it should fit just fine.

Have you looked at Kildala products? Here is a link to his Vendors thread on ADV Rider.

There are a couple of other alternatives worth checking out. Adventurers' Workshop sells the CamelToe sidestand fatfoot.

Twin Headlight Ernie also makes a sidestand fatfoot. Check out his pix on Smugmug. Eventually I'd like to get one of his engine skidplates for my GS.

I made a foot enlarger about a month ago for my RT; out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate. I drilled 2 - 1/4" holes in the original foot and used 2 - 6mm flat head bolts into locknuts, the aluminum holes being countersunk from the bottom for the flatheads. The shape of the plate took some time as the plate had to clear the centerstand, exhaust, frame and suspension components. It is kinda onesided on the original foot as I did not want it hanging down on the forward side of the foot for lean angle clearance. It did increase the surface area of the original by about 5 -6 times. I also put a rear steel strap bolted down to the back of the plate from the spring bracket where it is caught & hooked into; ( that was to keep aluminum plate from possibly bending ) . Another night's garage project. It did work since at a local rally in a campground's field, even after a 2 hour thunderstorm.

Quick question.

The Illium Works version says it will not work for factory lowered GSs.

Is there a different one?

Thanks

Nick

Quick question.

The Illium Works version says it will not work for factory lowered GSs.

Is there a different one?

Thanks

Nick

I ordered the one for my wife's factory lowered R1200GS - it worked fine.

This is a simple and very effective way to do it. No more fear of the bike dropping. The one pictured is on my 2010 1200GS. Everyone liked mine so much I had to make 12 more.

BMWkickstandpad001.jpg

BMWkickstandpad002.jpg

Pony shoe!

I'm a horse guy at home with large pets, so I welded a "pony shoe" to the bottom of mine. Very cheap, plus my welding skill and I have mine perfect on my GSA1200. The pony show is about the same size addition as all other footprints sold and about 3$ a shoe. When my stand is in the UP position, my shoe is also pointed up to hold all my "luck":). No pics, sorry about that. Randy:usa

Back